lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2022, 01:14 PM   #22
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Clutches: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Bob View Post
I joined this forum a couple months ago when I bought a new to me 86 CC ds. I have the kf82 running pretty good now, and have added 3 leaf rear springs and rear flip seat.

The drive clutch faces are very worn on the outer third of the diameter, and am looking to replace it. Just looking for clarification of the last post on this thread.

Can I just buy a clutch to fit a 88 and newer, and redrill/ swap on the s/g pulley and bolt it onto the engine??

My problem is I just can't find a replacement for the original clutch.

Thanks for any input, Bob
Yes this is correct. You can order a 1988-up drive clutch. It's a way better design than the old 1984-87 model. You can take the pulley from your old clutch and you just have drill out new holes for the bolts. Center bore is already a match between the two style clutches.

If you don't want to do that, you can just buy the pulley that already fits the newer style clutch at the eBay link below. This is the pulley for the 1988-91 clutch (even though they say 1984-91).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153480495573
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car