lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2017, 06:06 AM   #1
zoner
Not Yet Wild

Default DIY Zone Floor Mat

The fake metal diamond plate floor mat on my 2010 Zone (commonly known as a fake golf cart on these forums) started to look like sh!t so it was time for a replacement. Since the mat selection for these carts is limited, I made my own out of Rubber Cal's "Diamond-Grip" PVC Matting.

The existing mat is easy to remove by taking off the rocker panels (front screw only) and slide the mat over the pedals. Remove the existing mat and lay it over the new mat and cut with a sharp utility knife. The Rubber Cal mat is only an 1/8" thick so I left the existing mat in place by trimming off the part that sits under the rocker panel and placing the new mat on top and resecuring the panel. I purchased the new mat for $43 on Amazon. This is the same style that the high-end Star carts use but I can't find them for sale.

zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2017, 06:31 AM   #2
zoner
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: DIY Zone Floor Mat

Also, I would like to purchase polished aluminum diamond plate rocker panels. From what I understand, the Chinese stole, I mean copied, EZGO's TXT design and many parts are compatible with the Zone. Have any Zone (or Star) members tried to use EZGO's TXT rocker panels as a replacement?
Old 05-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
zoner
Not Yet Wild

I guess since I am a Chinese-made cart owner, I don't have the right to edit my post so here is a better pic that has less glare.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

you only have a limited time for editing your posts, then it becomes preeminent .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:53 PM   #5
taylordunn
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Looks good!

Couldn't you either bend the diamond plate up yourself or find a local fabrication shop to help you out?
taylordunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:24 AM   #6
KarenSCGolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I used the boat flooring called SeaDek,they make golf Car mats..I bought mine from Illinois Club Car Dealer. Really sharp.
KarenSCGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay