lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2022, 08:08 AM   #1
Fran1148
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 48v Club Car DS randomly wont work/no throttle response

I have a 95 48v Club Car DS, that randomly wont work or have any throttle response. It runs great with no signs of anything wrong and once I come to a complete stop, every once in a while it wont move. Sometimes we let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes and then it will go again, other times we push the cart a little way and it will go again after sitting for a few minutes. I have replaced the solenoid, new batteries and just replaced the OBC. It did charge but the charger would not shut off so that is why I replaced the OBC and was hoping that it would solve this issue. I have not found anything that describes this issue exactly that would lead me to believing a specific part would be the issue. Does anyone have any idea or advice on what it could possibly be? The local shop has not been able to figure it out the last three times that I have brought it in so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Fran1148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2022, 08:16 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 48v Club Car DS randomly wont work/no throttle response

No go intermittent problems are hard to isolate. They can only be diagnosed when the cart is not running.
If you want to guess throw in all new micro switches on the F&R for starters.
If rolling the cart fixes it put new brushes in the motor and turn the armature.
If letting it sit undisturbed fixes it suspect the controller is going into thermal shut down and should be replaced.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What Scotty said. Also, there were 2 throttle types used in 48v 1995 carts. Find out which you have (potentiometer or V-Glide) before troubleshooting.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:07 AM   #4
Fran1148
Not Yet Wild

Thank you both for all of the help.

I will start there and see what works. Thanks again!
Old 05-02-2022, 11:25 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Sometimes if it is a microswitch issue you can turn the key off, pump the pedal 8-10 times and move the shifter back and forth a handful of times as well. Then turn the key back on, put it in gear and go. If it goes then it’s definitely a microswitch problem.

From there you can isolate which switch. Next time it doesn’t go just cycle the key alone a few times. If that doesn’t do it pump the pedal. If that doesn’t do it then do the shifter.

It’s certainly not full proof and not the most scientific method of diagnostics, but very quick, easy, and sometimes that’s all you need. I tend to try to not over complicate when not necessary :). You could always use a meter to verify but sometimes “barn diagnostics” gets the job done.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:48 AM   #6
Fran1148
Not Yet Wild

So I replaced the micro switches on the F&R. I did find out that I have a multistep V-Glide in my cart. It did die on me the other day again when I let off the pedal to go around a corner and hit the gas again with no response. I waited about 10 minutes and it went again. Would it be the V-glide or the controller that I should look at replacing next? (sorry if I am getting these mixed up) I have so much into this cart now trying to fix this, that I am trying to decide whether it is worth replacing these or just completely upgrade to a new motor and controller or get a new cart. Do they make conversion kits from V-Glide to MCOR? Thanks again for everyones help again!
Old 05-05-2022, 07:49 AM   #7
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

David Hicks at Revolution Carts (Site Sponsor) can help you with the MCOR conversion (and anything else you may need for your cart)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car ds, electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car