lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2022, 08:14 PM   #1
KTownRyan
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent Motor - Brush Holder Replacement

2018 Club Car Precedent. PH-1345 Serial. Have AllTrax 300A Controller. M0tor is EJ8-4001A. Cart started having additional whining noises and just started to smell. Took apart motor and definitely had failure in brush holder. Probably been that way for a while based off brush wear.
1.) Is it worth repairing?
- How do I remove the armature?? to get to the brush holder? Need to put on press to push out??
- where would I buy the brush holder? I assume I should just replace the brushes as well since it would be apart.
2.) Not worth repairing, which motor should I get? With stock motor and 300A AllTrax it was fast enough. Same motor? Is there a similar priced motor that would keep the same speeds and give a little more torque.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220809_201709103.jpg (198.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20220809_201714694.jpg (198.2 KB, 0 views)
KTownRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2022, 12:47 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Motor - Brush Holder Replacement

The end cap just kinda pops off with some persuasion from a wood block and a small hammer. A press is not necessary. Usually the bearing is just stuck to the armature due to dirt/crud/corrosion. Once the armature comes out there is a snap ring that holds the bearing in the end cap.

Parts you can get from Club Car. The armature would need to be machined to make it smooth again if the commutator is grooved up from the brushes being damaged. If it is grooved or heavily worn then you might be better off sending it to somewhere like EMP motors to have it rebuilt. They may already have one done and ready to ship, but you would need to call them to find out.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brush, motor, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car