lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2023, 06:47 AM   #1
mLewis89
Not Yet Wild

Default Charging Questions

Obviously this board is overrun with charger/charging questions and insights but I cannot find the information I am looking for anywhere. So please let me know if you can help.

I have a 2014 EZ-GO TXT 48V, I just replaced the batteries with 6-8V Duracell Ultra GC8.

I've installed the batteries and everything is running as it should.
When I connect my charger, which is a Delta QuiQ model 913-4810-E3B, it seems to kick on (initial lights flashing looks like program 38, 3 flashes..pause..8 flashes) and start charging. The max voltage when complete is displaying about 52.1V (with the charger disconnected).
I've had the cart sitting in the garage connected to the charger for about 4 days with the assumption that this charger was automatic and would maintain the batteries. Meaning over time the batteries would drop voltage and the charger would start charging again.
The issue I am having is the voltage has dropped to 50.2V and the charger is staying in 100% charge state like it doesn't notice a drop in pack voltage. I've attached some pictures with names to show at which point the image/reading was taken.

My questions are: Am I understanding this charger correctly, that it should automatically re-charge as voltage drops? If yes, what is the minimum voltage to trigger charging? If no, is this a programming issue that can be changed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charge_Status_After_Disconnect.jpg (107.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Charger_Model_Plate.jpg (88.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Current_Status.jpg (150.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Voltage_Current.jpg (36.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Voltage_Current_Voltmeter.jpg (82.6 KB, 0 views)
mLewis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2023, 06:58 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charging Questions

Does this help.
https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us...ld_Charger.pdf

Also found on their website.

Most Delta-Q battery charge algorithms have a "Maintenance Mode" where it will monitor the battery voltage after a charging cycle has completed. After the battery has self-discharged over time, the charger will automatically start charging the battery to keep it topped up.

For most cases, it is recommended to have the vehicle stored with the charger connected to AC so the charger can maintain battery voltage when the vehicle or machine is stored for long periods of time. For lead-acid batteries, this is to maintain the state of health of the battery and the convenience of immediately having a charged vehicle/machine after storage.

Delta-Q also encourages the user to double-check and confirm that their algorithm uses a Maintenance Mode and the recommended use of the charger with the manufacturer of the vehicle or machine.

I suggest you go to the Delta q website and check what algorithm you should have for your particular batteries.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 03:41 PM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As said, check the charging algorithm appropriate for your batteries. Enclosed the Delta Q description of the re-charging process. It dosn't start so fast as expected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2023-01-19-21-24-00.jpg (57.0 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 07:01 PM   #4
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If I leaved my plugged in. It will not to a auto recharge until voltage drops to 49 volts.
That is a bit too low for me so I manual initiate charge as needed by unplugging and plugging in charger.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v, delta, ez-go, quiq
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO