lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #201
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff4mason View Post
Cajun, don't you worry my man. Between us G8 club members, we'll get that thing running in no time. If not, well, then we will chat some more about garages!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol either way we are all good :P
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #202
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mac View Post
Cajun, where is the valve cover port, for the PCV valve (passenger side valve cover)? You may have the incorrect valve cover. Wonder if you need that for the pulse for the fuel pump?

You also need the boot around the spark plug wire end.
I'll try to throw some info in here... The valve cover "port" on the passanger side is for a "check valve hose" and it was used on G2 thru G8's for the oiling system. The oiling tube (at the back of the cylinder) would use the "step ladder" method. Oil would come up the tube and the check valve (one way) would hold the oil in place till the next engine compression cycle. In 1995 G14's Yamaha stopped the check valve system. Maybe he has a G14 valve cover? I like both engine detailing builds, shows extreme attention to detail from 2 nerotic members
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #203
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I'll try to throw some info in here... The valve cover "port" on the passanger side is for a "check valve hose" and it was used on G2 thru G8's for the oiling system. The oiling tube (at the back of the cylinder) would use the "step ladder" method. Oil would come up the tube and the check valve (one way) would hold the oil in place till the next engine compression cycle. In 1995 G14's Yamaha stopped the check valve system. Maybe he has a G14 valve cover? I like both engine detailing builds, shows extreme attention to detail from 2 nerotic members
OK sooooo do I need to get another valve cover or am I good Cause I am totally lost
Old 06-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #204
justin146
Not Yet Wild

So I rode the cart to the store today to put gas in it. When I lifted the seat I noticed smoke coming from inside the cooling shroud. What could cause this? Also, the head was hot enough to boil spit. And that is after driving about half a mile at 20-22mph. It was low on oil. I put more in her, but havent driven it anymore.

Also, how much air should be blowing out of the head breather? I dont have mine tied to the airbox, it just vents. I get a solid puff or air (smoke) with every stroke.
justin146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #205
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

OK just went on yamahas website and pulled up the parts catalog for my cart. I have the right valve cover on mine. Even the part number is the same....... Soooooo now I'm even more confused. Maybe it is a replacement cover that replaced a discontinued one???? Oh well if it works it works I guess. The spark plug wont get here fast enough.......
Old 06-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #206
justin146
Not Yet Wild

Here are the pictures of my Pro-Comp 9131 HID conversion. When I bought these I thought there may be enough room in them to hide the ballast, and I was right. It fits in there perfectly.

These lights dont use the standard H3 mounting method, so I had to use zip ties on them.

The ballast pigtails wired right in. I didnt have to splice anything.

The ballast as it fits in the light housings:

All wired up:

The light bar in "garage door clearance mode":

And some beauty shots:

Old 06-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #207
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin146 View Post
So I rode the cart to the store today to put gas in it. When I lifted the seat I noticed smoke coming from inside the cooling shroud. What could cause this? Also, the head was hot enough to boil spit. And that is after driving about half a mile at 20-22mph. It was low on oil. I put more in her, but havent driven it anymore.

Also, how much air should be blowing out of the head breather? I dont have mine tied to the airbox, it just vents. I get a solid puff or air (smoke) with every stroke.
Is there something stuck in the fan? One thing someone prior to me did, was he cut out the side of the fan opening, so I guess it gets more air. Only thing I can think of. But, the engines NEVER got hot. Maybe check to see if something is wedged in there?

Also, remember when you put oil into it now, only use 1 quart of oil per change. You can't count on the dipstick now, cause of the lift. It'll be off quite a bit. Otherwise you'll get oil back into the air box.
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #208
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Boys, I'm heading to the lake! May not get on BGW very often....heck, if I have my way, I won't even open the laptop! I get 12 days of AHHHHHHHH.....sitt'n at the lake! or the pppssshhh of a beer opening! We are going after striper at 3-4AM at least twice! Wish me luck!!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #209
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

Quote:
Boys, I'm heading to the lake! May not get on BGW very often....heck, if I have my way, I won't even open the laptop! I get 12 days of AHHHHHHHH.....sitt'n at the lake! or the pppssshhh of a beer opening! We are going after striper at 3-4AM at least twice! Wish me luck!!
Good luck bro enjoy yourself and wet a line for me
Old 06-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #210
justin146
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You should do what I did, move to the lake :) My lake is 98,520 acres.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha