lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
kzunell
Getting Wild

Default Front Suspension Lift

Have a Cushman Industrial and am going to have to build a front end lift for it. The suspension is a transverse leaf spring connecting to the bottom of the front spindles and then one rod on each side connecting the frame to the top of the spindle. Steering is rack and pinion. Brakes are hydraulic disc. What are my options for a lift of about 5-7" ? Should I just keep the same susspension and move all the mounting points down? Or should I change over to an A-arm suspension or other option? I have no problem welding up my own arms, brackets, building arms etc..
kzunell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front Suspension Lift

I don't recall ever seeing a lift kit designed for that cart, nor do I recall seeing a lift done on one..

So maybe you are the experiment model.. Good luck, it always helps if you post pictures of what you are planning if you want feedback.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Moving the suspension points down will probably give you the height you want, but the a arm setup will handle better at speed. My vote is for an atv type front suspension with double a arms and long travel shocks.
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Cut, Chop, Rebuild anythings possible, go for it!!
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Depending on how the whole system is set up,You could use a spacer-block to drop the spring down from the frame(same as some OE pickups or aftermarket lift-kits).Then you would have to relocate or modify the rest accordingly.Also look at Club-Car front-ends,They use a single leaf(Buggy-Spring,or Transverse-Leaf).This may open up using availiable kits to adapt to your cart with some fabrication-work.Simply Re-Arching the spring to gain height will turn into an alignment nitemare unless you have a new spring made.Ask " OffTwice "about that.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!