lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
pbandj80
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 2004 Electric Par Car issues - Horn, Sped don't work, steams from Batteries at times

Hi all,

Hoping for your assistance, I have a 2004 electric par car LSV. We use it at most 10 times a year. We have owned it about a year and four months, earlier this year the horn stopped working, then the spedometer. Recently steam started coming out of the batteries. I looked under the car and there are some holes down there full of white gunk, thinking it is acid build up and I plan to take a brush and baking soda and water solution to it, but what else do you all suggest I can do? I am not very handy but I am very willing and a fast learner.

Thanks all,

Pattie
pbandj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2004 Electric Par Car issues - Horn, Sped don't work, steams from Batteries at ti

The horn and speedometer are connected to the battery pack at 12 volts, so on the passenger side of the vehicle away from the main 48 volt tap. Sounds like corrosion may have eaten away at the connections. Once you get everything clean check the crimped connectors.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
pbandj80
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 Electric Par Car issues - Horn, Sped don't work, steams from Batteries at ti

So wondering how I resolve the root cause of the problem which seems to be the battery overheating or steaming? Any ideas
pbandj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

First need to test the batteries once you get them cleaned up. do a load test if you can and see if they all hold the same voltage and gravity. All batteries and cells should be equal. One bad battery can cause the rest of the pack to overcharge and gas excessively. Of course if they're all bad, or worn out, you get the same effect. Since it's a 2004, you'll want to make sure your algorithm on the Delta Q charger is also set correctly. If you're using the US2200, you should be on #11. The safest one is the Trojan setting of #1 for most batteries. To check your algorithm, disconnect the B+ connection from the charger to the pack. Then plug AC into the unit and the charger LED's will blink. Count the blink. For example, a setting of 4 would show the lower LED blinking 4 times, and the bar graph on top would show an LED at level four. 1-6 are all the same. Once you're above 6 the top LED's won't light, and you're just counting blinks. An 11 setting would be one flash, short pause, one flash, then long pause and it keeps repeating like that for 10 seconds until it times out.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar