lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 primary clutch staying engaged?

Hi, I have a Yamaha g29 gas cart and the primary clutch,the one on the motor, is staying engaged ,so when you stop the belt stays tight and it's hard to go again, you can pull the clutch apart so it loosens but as soon as you go again it tightens and won't back off, does anyone know a fix for this problem,or how to take apart the clutch itself to take a look at the inside? Any help is appreciated .
Brandeis_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2016, 07:07 PM   #2
ATOMIC_BADBOY
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G29 primary clutch staying engaged?

It sounds like your clutch is shot. There is no spring in that year drive to help with disengagement. I know the bushing goes out on the clutch making it bind up and keeping it from sliding back apart. I have a 07 ydr so I just found out this information a couple weeks ago. I would call don at plowmans golf carts. He can get You a new clutch for $175. Which is the cheapest around. Hope this helps.
ATOMIC_BADBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #3
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

I kinda figured that something was rusted in side that's why I wanted to take it apart,but I can't figure it out,and thanks for the reply
Old 06-25-2016, 02:18 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

clutch cant be taken apart while on motor. special holder tools are available to disassemble. the sliding portion is retained by the spider. it has 3 grooves on the spider that face away from engine, they are for a 3-sided spanner tool to grab and unscrew. its really tight, so much so that even with the correct tools, they are known to occasionally pop out of the tool, land on the floor (and sometimes break when hitting floor, how would i know that??). if you manage to get the clutch apart, be sure to align all the "X" marks on all parts during reassembly to ensure balance is kept.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:59 AM   #5
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

Already removed clutch, where can I get a spanner tool?
Old 06-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #6
ATOMIC_BADBOY
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Best place is online. Not sure on the threads,but it would make sense if they were reverse.
ATOMIC_BADBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Gboost sells them, and tools for all.cart clutches, good price & lifetime warranty.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha