lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #21
nurserob
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lift kit spring U Bolt snapped-can you get grade 8?

yeah its a pain having it down,luckily i dont need it for 6 more weeks.

Now,if i can figure out the starter problem i got it made lol. Not sure if battery,starter,or both.
nurserob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
roady89
nimda
Club Car

There is a very good chance that the lift kit you bought was made in china. The original lift was made here in the U.S.A, purchased by that company and promptly sent overseas to be copied by the cheapest bidder. There is your difference right there and I'm sure thats why your U-Bolt broke in the first place. Have fun!

P.S. While your at it you might consider changing the rest of the bolts.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #23
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Lift kit spring U Bolt snapped-can you get grade 8?

2 u-bolts shouldn't run ya' more than 7-8 bucks. That's for the pair.
Just remember, you'll probably have that much in shipping, depending on your location. Hope this helps.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #24
clutch
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

mikepeer,
that is what i was trying to say, not trying to be a --- tell you what if anyone knows how tough it is right now i know too, i have had 2 shoulder surgeries this year and have been out of work since june and then plant closed. but if this guy is having it worse than i than i will help were i can if he sends me his bolt needs i will get them from my wife she works at a fastener company and all he will have to pay for is the shipping. in shi--- times like these we all need to help each other and great forums like bgw with all the great pepole and info. help us all get through the crazy days.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #25
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

I would be happy to help if you still need it. The ubolts are $4.50 ea plus shipping from Georgia. We all like to save a buck but consider this. Maybe save your money by buying cheaper fuzzy dice or other options. Something as important as HOLDING THE AXLE TO THE CART might not be the best place to be cheap. $10 won't even buy a stitch at the ER.
By the way you can spend $1000 at Autozone and not one dime gets donated to keep this site here. All the sponsors here are just trying to make a living and NONE of them are out to rape anyone.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #26
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
I would be happy to help if you still need it. The ubolts are $4.50 ea plus shipping from Georgia. We all like to save a buck but consider this. Maybe save your money by buying cheaper fuzzy dice or other options. Something as important as HOLDING THE AXLE TO THE CART might not be the best place to be cheap. $10 won't even buy a stitch at the ER.
By the way you can spend $1000 at Autozone and not one dime gets donated to keep this site here. All the sponsors here are just trying to make a living and NONE of them are out to rape anyone.
I agree completely Very well said..
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #27
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEPEER View Post
" if you deal with a smaller business is the fact if you do buy a product and it fails they will usually try and find out why so they can help you. they make a living because of people like us......and yes most of the time it may cost you a doller more for the "service" after the sale. but to me it's better then the look you would get from the punk at the big box store when you ask him why they broke or if they have something stronger. .
Very well said! Why I don't shop wally world and why I support our sponsors whenever I can. If everyone did we wouldn't be in the economical mess we're in and would have products that lasted. Yes, I have a Yamaha, but it's an old one!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #28
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintrock View Post
Very well said! Why I don't shop wally world and why I support our sponsors whenever I can. If everyone did we wouldn't be in the economical mess we're in and would have products that lasted. Yes, I have a Yamaha, but it's an old one!
AMEN...

Also,
Yamaha golf carts are built in Ga. Not sure how many components come from overseas.
All of the O.E's use low cost sourcing ( Not made here ).
Old 03-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #29
nurserob
Not Yet Wild

I called the foremention sponsor 3 times,no call back. Emailed once a day since saturday,no call back. This is why i go to the big stores to get stuff like this. I always find the so called specialty stores act like they are God and you have to grovel to them for service.
nurserob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #30
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

nurserob,
I think we all would like to know who the forementioned sponsor is,including that sponsor. I am certain that it has to be a misunderstanding... I am also certain that none of the sponsors think they are GOD... All the ones I personally know, are very down to earth folks trying like everyone else to make an honest living... That is why they support and follow this forum.
If you look around the forum, you will see it's more of a passion to all here, including the sponsors than making a sale. Good Luck...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car