lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
CWDunwoodie43
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default No BRAKE lights

Just installed a MadJax led light kit on my 2008 Gas Precedent! Everything works but the BRAKE lights! NEEDING HELP!

THANKS in advance! [emoji1303][emoji1306]
(937)733-1948

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CWDunwoodie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: No BRAKE lights

Did you install the switch on the brake rod? Mine is factory wired for it but the switch isn't there.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
CWDunwoodie43
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes Sir!

Old 08-28-2019, 10:26 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Unfortunately they change those kits so often that most of us can't keep up with the changes to offer specific advice with this kind of issue.
Who did you buy the kit from? They should know enough about what they sell to help you track down the problem.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Unfortunately they change those kits so often that most of us can't keep up with the changes to offer specific advice with this kind of issue.
Who did you buy the kit from? They should know enough about what they sell to help you track down the problem.

FT4M is right on the money.

I've installed the Madjax light kit on at least 3 or 4 carts I've had. Every kit has been different; some have come with the brake switch and some didn't. Some came with 2 brake switches (no idea what the second was for, I didn't use it). Some came with extra wiring and some were just basic head/tail lights. Some come with an OEM style pull-out switch, and some have had a chintzy LED rocker switch. The part number I've ordered was the same on every one of the kits (all were for DS's or Carryall's). Some came in brown boxes, the last one came in a blue retail pack box with graphics and stuff all over it. Very inconsistent (As is the rest of the madjax stuff i've purchased... I try to stay away from it now).

I'd check to make sure you have power going TO your brake switch. And when you depress the brake pedal, make sure power is passing THROUGH the switch. With the Madjax quality issues i've personally experienced, I would not be surprised if the switch itself is bad.

And depending on where you got the kit from, I wouldn't expect much in the way of customer service. I'd say it's time to get out the trusty Fluke and start tracing it down yourself. You'll probably find the issue a lot faster that way.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:58 AM   #6
CWDunwoodie43
Getting Wild

Club Car

THANKS! I believe we don’t have any power too the switch! Going too run off the grey wire with the butt connector...
When we touch it too a powered source you can hear the solenoid click!

Old 08-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWDunwoodie43 View Post
THANKS! I believe we don’t have any power too the switch! Going too run off the grey wire with the butt connector...
When we touch it too a powered source you can hear the solenoid click!

There's so many variances in those, it's hard to tell. But, I never use the brakes or any of that stuff. In the rare instances I drive at night, I just want to be able to see what's in front of me, and have something lit up on my back so if a car does come up behind me they'll be able to see me.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:44 AM   #8
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

I recall reading this post months ago when you posted it. Wondering if you ever figured out what was going on?

I just added brake lights to my standard light kit and figured out some things about the precedent. Even if you add the brake/blinker relay behind the dash and add a brake switch, you still will not have functional brake lights if you do not have the blinker switch. The power from the brake switch doesn't go straight to the tail lights. It is routed back to the blinker switch where it is split to the 2 tail lights. I had to make a jumper from the switch signal wire to the 2 taillights at the 9 pin plug where the blinker switch would plug in.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car