lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
tyotrain
Not Yet Wild

Default rear end oil

I would like to change the oil in my 96 cc not sure if it as ever been done so to be safe i thought i would do it.. what is the best way to fill i see the fill plug is not in a good position to just poor it in... thank you for your help this site is great has help me so much...
tyotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: rear end oil

You can do like I do with my Jeep deferentials. I have a 3/8" clear tube cut to desired lenght, that can be bought at any home improvement store, like Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Attach it the end of the gear lube bottle spout, or if you use 30 weight out of a wide mouth bottle, then simply pour into a squeeze bottle with the spout that the tubing will fit over. You'll want to use a zip tie to secure it on the spout of the bottle or the pressure will shoot it off of the bottle leaving you with a mess to clean up.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
clubcar810
Getting Wild

Club Car

well said spoiled rotten, that is how we do it on our carts!! It works awesome, but just, just remember to fill slowly, or will e very messy as well!!!
clubcar810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
tyotrain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
You can do like I do with my Jeep deferentials. I have a 3/8" clear tube cut to desired lenght, that can be bought at any home improvement store, like Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Attach it the end of the gear lube bottle spout, or if you use 30 weight out of a wide mouth bottle, then simply pour into a squeeze bottle with the spout that the tubing will fit over. You'll want to use a zip tie to secure it on the spout of the bottle or the pressure will shoot it off of the bottle leaving you with a mess to clean up.
thank you spoiledrotten for the help..
tyotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

just rember that the electric uses 30 oil and the gassers use 80/90. and you can run 80/140 in it or even upgrade to full syn!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

How much will he need? Is the 96 the rearend that has two different resevoirs to fill? I thought the 97+ has one fill hole as it is an all in one rearend when compared to the ccw engine years? Maybe im wrong
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i have the single resivior style and only took around 1 bottle, not all of it, but more then half. i was told or heard it takes around 1 1/2 bottles fro the double resivior style.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
agsbill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Get one of these boat pumps at WalMart..about $7.00. They are used to pump oil into the boats outdrive......just stick it in the lube bottle and pump away....done in about 30 seconds.

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oil pump.jpg (4.6 KB, 4 views)
agsbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
mountaindew
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

does a 95 club car have one hole or two.Its a kawasaki 290
mountaindew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
shaneberg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

a 95 has 2 transaxle and transmission in 96.5 they changed to the unitized transaxle it has one
shaneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car