lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default key starting cart

I just bought my first first cart, 2004 CC Gas Precedent. Frist order is can you change the way it starts, can you make it to just start and idle like a car? Will start putting lights and other stuff later this week. Visted here a couple of times and really like the site. Plan on doing a lot of reading here hope the old dog can still learn a little.
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: key starting cart

There might be a way of doing it that I found by accident trying to mess with the governor to get a few extra mph. The governor arm zip tie method of hindering the governor from kicking in wound up also keeping the cart running all the time instead of stopping like it's designed to do. If you just zip tie it slightly it probably will keep it running without it racing. Maybe someone with more knowledge about these can chime in with some other method or confirmation in what I've found.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Welcome to BGW papaw!

Here's a link that may help you do, what your looking to do!
It's still "pedal" start, but it will make your cart Idle! (it does with mine anyway!)

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...dle-setup.html

and Pip... just to let you know, I saw your other posts on the Zip Tie, and idle,
These cheap mods have been working on my cart for over 4 years!
I'm glad it helped you!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wink Re: key starting cart

Thanks for the help one of the many i am sure to have to ask for help with i'll post what i do as i get things done. Only 10mph with gps with three people in it, going to try to crank it up a little this summer, but may start jacking and building after money starts to grow after this purchase of cc and the led lights.
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Lockman, thanks for the help with the gov'nor. Works perfectly. Not doing the idle thing though just yet. Just saved the info in my notes in case I do want to down the road.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
samsonone
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

make sure the driven clutch is not turning when it is at idle . the top bearing's are oiled by splash from the ring gear if it is not moving the top bearing's get no oil and will burn up
samsonone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car