lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
LIL Sleeper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default looking to buy a CC

hello everyone I'am looking at buying a gas club car the guy says its a 97. my first question is where is the model number located at? iam new to the club cars i own a ezgo electric now. he also said it dosnt have a motor in it but everything else is their. how much would it cost to buy a motor for it? not looking for something really big just something to drive around town. and last but not least is the price he wants $400.00 for it. this seems alittle high for not running. i will try to get some pictures of it today and post them.
LIL Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: looking to buy a CC

The serial number should be under the dash to the right of the steering column. I just got a good running but tatty 97 CC gas cart for $500 but it will have cost me closer to $850 when completed. Still not bad for a cart i'd value at around $1500. My local golf courses sell off their older carts in various conditions for anywhere from $200 for something like you are looking at to $1500 for a nice runner and the model years are generally 1999 and up. There seems to be a finite cut off point regarding value; generally even the older models still command a reasonable price if they are in decent condition so if you can find a decent used engine for the right price you should be able to get yours up and running for under it's full potential value.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it has no motor, your options for a motor are very rare for 97 and newer if you wanan big block it one day. The rotation is different but dont let that scare you away from it. If your missing everything for a stock motor it can get expensive. Sometimes you may find a complete motor running at a decent price for around $500 or actually more wich is an fe290 motor. You can put in a bigger motor in that cart that didnt come with it like a honda, briggs or kohler or even a clone engine but you will have to run the rearend in reverse for forward and the forward in reverse wich will make the cart slower going forward but it will have lots of torque/power. I say $400 isnt too bad, but I bought my 99 running with a bed for $1200 about 5 years ago and a 90 running for $1300 a year ago. I may have paid a lil more for the 90 but it has the correct rearend for a big block swap and carts are rare here where I am from plus it was already registered street legal. Both of mine are gas. I say I would still get it but offer him $2-300 its worth it in parts alone... Why cant I find good deals like this????
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
LIL Sleeper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Welp i have talk to the guy again. This cart is at a bank, the starting bid is 400.00 he wont go any less then that. I think that this cart could really be a nice cart, but my wife says NO. So i guess i have to do what the boss says. The model number is AG9728. Thanks for all the help and answering my questions. Ill just have to keep looking
Old 04-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL Sleeper View Post
Welp i have talk to the guy again. This cart is at a bank, the starting bid is 400.00 he wont go any less then that. I think that this cart could really be a nice cart, but my wife says NO. So i guess i have to do what the boss says. The model number is AG9728. Thanks for all the help and answering my questions. Ill just have to keep looking
So it's a repo then ? Silly money if the bank is trying to sell at that starting point.

Chris.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
LIL Sleeper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah. I went and looked at it the frame is all that looks good on it. Some one has really used and abused this cart. He said that if it dont sell by next tuesday he would just send it to the auction. no one has even stoped and looked at it but me.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you wanna see if its really worth $400, write down everything it is gonna take to get it running & driving. Now compare that price to buying one ready to go around the same year. Every area is different but I think a decent running one is around $1500 here where I live if your patient. Look at craiglist too see what people are selling them for in your area. Then look at other citys, but they have to be large cities like here in tx to get a good estimate as to what they are selling for. This should help you decide if it is worht $400. To me it is but because I have 2 CC gas carts and if I needed a parts I have a cart right there or I would buy a clone motor and have fun with it as I wouldnt have much in it. Also when they list a cart like that here in tx it is gone quick as I call em and they say its sold and this is within a couple of days.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Forget about a 97 without a strong running motor. Replacement options are very limited compared to earlier CC (CCW rotation) and any Ezgo or Yamaha .... wait for a better prospect.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #9
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL Sleeper View Post
yeah. I went and looked at it the frame is all that looks good on it. Some one has really used and abused this cart. He said that if it dont sell by next tuesday he would just send it to the auction. no one has even stoped and looked at it but me.

Go to the auction yourself, you might get it for a lot less than $400

Chris
Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #10
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

^^^^^ True dat
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car