lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
Triple Bogey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Spark problems 95 club car

Cart was running for a while then stalled, I thought it was the carb so replaced that, then replaced the fuel pump, still the problem persists. Then I find there was no spark. Got onto this website and started reading about similar problems. Bought one of those igniters someone talked about for 15.00 doesn't work on my cart or my buddies cart. Disconnected the ground wireto the rev limiter, didn't work but it did on my buddy's cart who is having similar but not exactly the same issues. So then while reading, someone suggested a new coil. What a pain that was to replace. Coil didn't solve the problem either. I called a local repair guy who had a 95 club car last year for repair. He had the cart for 2 months tried all the same things I had. He then contacted someone at Club Car, the agreed they had a problem. They suggested a 97 coil that has the igniter integrated into the assy. Is this going to be another $150.00 wasted. Help!!!!!!! I am at my wits end!!! Going golfing without my own cart is like going fishing with no bait!!!
Triple Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Triple Bogey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Spark problems 95 club car

By the way great site. If it's my spark plug, I am going to shoot myself!!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
knotso
Not Yet Wild

hey triple, Man i feel for ya, But i just can't reach ya, I had the same problem and it drove me crazy too. It ended up being the rev limiter on mine. But you said you already unhooked that? Does it sometimes spark? or no spark at all? If Crash reads this he can help he's tougher than hell on golf cart fixes.
knotso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
Triple Bogey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, I was getting intermittant spark. I put the new coil on (a coil supposed to be for 92-96) I thought taht fixed my problem as I drove it around a while. So being very proud of myself, I loaded onto the trialer and took off for the golf course. When I got to the course I drove it around a bit then the same old problem came back.....no spark. So rather then running into the pond and forgetting about it, I loaded it back up for the 3rd time and took it home. When I got it home, I noticed right away, I got nothin, starter wont even turn over, maybe I rattled a wire loos some where. Now I am taking it to a repair shop. I thought I was saving money by doing this myself, but it going to cast me twice as much in the long run. Lesson learned, leave it to the pros to fix. Thanks for you replay.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you are even barely mechanically inclined you can repair it. Just need to recheck everything. I havent had this problem with mine but one time it washed down the engine and it wouldnt start. Took a while for it to start again.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotso View Post
hey triple, Man i feel for ya, But i just can't reach ya, I had the same problem and it drove me crazy too. It ended up being the rev limiter on mine. But you said you already unhooked that? Does it sometimes spark? or no spark at all? If Crash reads this he can help he's tougher than hell on golf cart fixes.
We had the same issue with a 2001 CC. Turned out to be the rev limiter even though we disconnected the ground strap
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Welcome triplebogey to BGW!!

Sorry you have been having this ongoing problem and yes you can get to the point you start looking for a tall tree and rope.

Lets try to isolate the problem with a little "How it works",
You basically have a motor that just sitting on the floor with gas will run by itself because the ignition system is self contained (no 12V to fire it)
Put it the cart and they add ways to start it and stop it. (a ground circuit to kill it.)
In the little black plastic box under the seat on the drivers side there are two micro switches that are turned off and on by the gas pedal, the top one controls the run circuit to the solenoid.
The bottom micro, when the gas pedal is released, closes and the circuit grounds the ignition system.
You need to determine if the problem is coming from the motor or the cart by disconnecting the grounding wire from the motor that comes from the micro by way of the wire harness. See what happens when you run it.
This will tell you if you have a problem with the motor or the cart.
Lets do that and go from there.

Wish you would have found us earlier (before carb, pump and lost hair)
Great group of guys on here that can work magic.

Ya'll have a nice weekend, I'm headed to the lake......
Mitch

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #8
Triple Bogey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Crash, you have SPARKED my interest, I will give that a try. Last night I was messing with the switch that is controlled by the forward reverse lever. Got it to start but it was getting late so I didn't try just running it in neutral. I am going to put off taking it to the repair shop and try the microswitch suggestion you offered. I will let you know what transpires. I am dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to electrical issues though. I sure wish I would have researched the internet and found this site before I bought that carb and fuel pump. Also does anyone know the engineer who designed the cover that encloses the flywheel, I'd like to hit him up side the head with my 5 iron!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
Triple Bogey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The reason the cart wouldn't turn over was in the process of sticking a paint stirrer stick on the micro switch to run it in neutral, I bent it . I bent it back now it's back to running for a while and then no spark again. As I mentioned before I put a new coil in and that had no affect, still spark and no spark. Now my question is will a rev limiter, igniter and coil from a 97 work in a 95, this may be my next purchase?? If I disconnect the rev limiter but leave the igniter plugged in, should it work properly, if the igniter was still working properly?. My last resort is to get a new igniter, but could the problem still be the coil (which is brand new)? I don't want to purchase a new igniter, they don't give them away!! and find I still have the same problem. At my wits end. At this rate I will get it fixed just in time to put it away for the winter.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
shaneberg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

triple when i bought my cart the rev limiter and igniter were gone so i bought an igniter and made a wire to connect to igniter and and the other end plug into were the rpm limiter would and mine runs fine so long story short i would take the rpm limiter out of the circut there like 230 doller and if you governor work you dont need it
shaneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car