lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
bar197
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Equus 8068 Question

I just bought the Equus 8068, and I have a couple questions. First, how did you hook yours up? Where did you connect the red and white wires? The instructions call for the red wire to connect to a switched 12V source, which I think I have... I connected to my key switch. But I really don’t know which terminal to connect to on the key switch as there are several. The white wire, it says to connect to your dash lighting circuit which in the case of golf cart I have no idea what this would be. Now to the important part, I used the inductive pickup for my installation putting it directly on the plug wire, but the readings are very erratic. I followed the instructions on how to set it for how many cylinders you are running, but again I’m not sure I got it right. Turning my key does not power the tach… the only way I can kill/power the tach is to unplug the connector from the back. So I set it to 500 RPM but I still have very erratic readings. Any input or experience with hooking up this tach is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Brad
bar197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Equus 8068 Question

You need a VOM, the red wire goes to the switched live terminal on the ignition switch. The white goes to the light switch power circuit (assuming you have lights) If not, you can connect the white to the red to get backlighting. To set the tach, hold the red button and power on and off and on the switch, release the button and then re-press it to 500 rpm on the dial. Simples !!!

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car