lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: '98 DS gasser voltage regulator?

the 1st time i blew the fuse on my 92 i had no idea it even had a fuse 10 hours later i,m standing there looking at the cart like a baboon and i had the box open i see this single fuse i,m thinking its for lights but i pull it out its bad pop a new one in and bingo carts works like new again..........what a dope i felt like and was sure glad there was no one else around......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #12
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
the 1st time i blew the fuse on my 92 i had no idea it even had a fuse 10 hours later i,m standing there looking at the cart like a baboon and i had the box open i see this single fuse i,m thinking its for lights but i pull it out its bad pop a new one in and bingo carts works like new again..........what a dope i felt like and was sure glad there was no one else around......................
Tom, good thing you never told anyone that story. If it ever gets on the internet, you're screwed!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yep... Mine blew when I tightened my S/G belt too tight, and it would'nt turn over past the compression stage...
then everything went dead... I found it the next day!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Agreed, if it won't crank, the starter/generator is suspect as well as a microswitch somewhere and a solenoid. My info on the symptoms is real sketchy as the cart is not mine. Thanx for the VR location. Is the VR bench-testable?

G. most of the bench testing on the elec. componants on your cart is iffy at best.......if you read the C.C. service manual they tell you to just replace suspect part see if that cures it.......heres how i test them in maintence mode with a good battery just put your probes from your volt meter on batt. terminals........start cart meter should drop to 11.5 or so till engine starts than as you slowly press pedal meter should climb up to 15.3 max.....any higher its no good..........as long as i,m between 13.9 and 15.2 cart is charging if its bad the other way your meter won,t make it to 12.5 volts but theres no 100% way to bench test it although some people say they do its never worked for me........if you need one the new replacement is shaped a little different its longer than the original.......if its the same as your new one than its been replaced before.........................................
Old 09-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Yep... Mine blew when I tightened my S/G belt too tight, and it would'nt turn over past the compression stage...
then everything went dead... I found it the next day!

well lockman that makes me feel better......G. i telling people how sometimes its just dumb luck its the same as when i screw something up i told you the story about the 1st E-Z go elec i worked on and caught on fire right? i know i did but you know what i learned a good lesson that day it didn,t cost me much and the next day the cart was running like new.....you know i even told the owner and they lived out of state and came to camp a few times a year i could have gotten away without saying a word but i told him..........he is still a customer of mine today.......and that was 9 or 10 years ago........everything i ever learned about carts i learned the hard way no help and at 1st no manuals i just dove into it............been diving into it ever since.........................................
Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 AM   #16
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

check the water in the battery too (if you can). Sometimes people will overcharge a battery and boil the water out resulting in a battery that won't do the job. He probably still has a charging problem, but, may have a battery problem now too.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car