lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #11
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: thinking of selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter4 View Post
still see multiple solenoids like a resistor cart would have...

Sorry I am not sure what that means.. i have had the cart for about 5 years. it sat in my parents garage for many many years. its all kinda foreign to me.. lol
No problem, electric carts are baffling to a lot of folks at first, but it's pretty easy to catch on.

That silver rectangular box with the wires running to it is a DC Motor Controller, or simply a controller. It is what is used to regulate the amount of power to the motor based upon how far up or down you have the throttle. The cart would not have had that originally, those did not come along until much newer carts.

The silver round-ish things next to that box are solenoids - originally your cart would've ran using several of them hooked in with some coils called resistor coils, which was the pre-controller method of controlling speed, the coils basically burnt off extra energy so that the motor could turn at slower speeds when the throttle was not fully depressed.

What is baffling is that carts which have a controller only need one solenoid, but I can see 4 in your picture, all which appear to be used for something because there are wires going to them. A conversion to solid state (the term for a controller operated cart) is a good thing - it is more efficient than the resistor coil setup. Is it possible to get a picture of the tag on the end of the controller (should be on the end the wires aren't plugged and bolted into) and a closer shot of the wiring etc. on the solenoids? Also, the gas pedal, likely by a linkage under the cart, has to run to some sort of box or switch before the controller - can you follow the wires plugged into the controller forward on the cart to a box or switch that is connected somehow to the throttle, and get a shot of that? These are all just pieces of the puzzle so we can tell you exactly what you've got electrically, and that'll help determine a value.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #12
firefighter4
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: thinking of selling

I will do that.. Thank you so much. I am out of town for a few more days but I will take them and post by Friday.. Its really cool to fin d someone willing to help.. Thanks alot
firefighter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson