lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
Patriotsj7
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 club car golf cart

Hey I picked up a 95 club car replace fuel filters,spark plug, battery, belts, and just put on a new solenoid, golf cart still won't start at all but when I have the pedal down i have 12 volts on the solenoid but not 12 volts to the starter generator?
Patriotsj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default re: 1995 club car golf cart

should have 12 volts (at rest) on the large gauge red wire at the solenoid and the small gauge blue wire - when the ignition switch is turned on. when you step on the pedal it should supply ground to the small orange wire on the solenoid - completing that circuit and causing the solenoid to "click" and send power (12 volt+) to the larger gauge white wire from the solenoid to the starter. Take a look at the sticky up top on this page and track your ground path through the micro switches.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:26 PM   #3
Patriotsj7
Not Yet Wild

What do you want me to look at on the page for the micro switches
Old 08-01-2016, 07:37 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was suggesting looking at the ground path from the small orange wire at the solenoid, through the upper micro switch in the control box, through the rearward micro switch at the shifter and on to chassis ground on the frame rail right by the battery.
You say you have 12 volt+ at the solenoid, but not to the starter. You don't say if the solenoid "clicks", but you did say it has already been replaced, so I'm guessing it's a ground path problem rather than a defective new part.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Just throwing this out there...
There's a wrapped ground strap from the S/G to an upper rear body support,
Sometimes they break at either eyelet that's covered by the wrap!
Give that ground strap a slight tug, if it doesn't break loose?
Carry on with other troubleshooting!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:25 AM   #6
Patriotsj7
Not Yet Wild

So what I have found is I'm not getting 12 volts on the on the white wire on the solenoid so some where I'm not getting ground back to solenoid any ideas on how to trouble shoot
Old 08-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #7
Patriotsj7
Not Yet Wild

Okay so I replaced the micro switches and the solenoid is now clicking I am getting voltage to starter/ generator but still nothing any ideas?
Old 08-02-2016, 07:12 PM   #8
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did you check the ground Lockman1 suggested.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:25 PM   #9
Patriotsj7
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1995 club car golf cart

So the solenoid clicks and has power I have 12 volts on white wire to the starter but with it connected to the starter and I go from the starter stud to ground I only am reading 6 Volts but the white wire has 12 volts
Old 08-02-2016, 08:55 PM   #10
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 club car golf cart

You're getting close! The micro switches fixed your ground problem on the low amp side, now to deal with the high amp side. Make sure the connections are clean and tight at both ends of that white wire. Next is the ground that Lockman mentioned above: from the end of the starter generator case up to the frame rail that runs above the starter generator. Finally there is the main ground that runs between the (-) battery terminal and the frame rail itself: just in front of the battery. Usually have to pull the battery out to really get at it. If you want to short cut and check it you can run a jumper cable from the ground stud on the end of the starter generator case straight to the (-) battery terminal & see if it turns the starter then when you hit the pedal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car