lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #1
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Default G14 Yamaha ATV front conversion

I got this in a wheel and deal. It's a JN3-114396 G14 1995 model Gas Burner. As it sits, it runs and drives. What yall think $260, not a bad deal? Well, I have been looking for a while for a cart I can give my dad. He has a small farm, hunts and fishes while enjoying the retired life.

First thing I noticed was the lack of ground clearance. I didn't want him getting stuck so I'm going to put some mud tires on it. Then there is a clearance issue. In comes a lift idea. In my eyes the front end is not a true independent front suspension, where the front tires don't pivot with the a-arms.

I have the 350 rancher left off the Marathon build and thought I'd graft that to the frame. Looks simple. We will see. Unless I get any bad feed-back from you guys.

After that it will be same old same old, (paint, top, lights, winch, bumpers)
Will have 24" tires on ATV bolt patterns. Will have 4on4 to 4on110 adapters on the back and will run the Yamaha motor. Any thoughts?

Oh yea,...it smiles at you,...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3165.JPG (129.4 KB, 0 views)
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 Yamaha ATV front conversion

ATV can make great fronts and you can get brakes in the deal too. Some end up converting to a rack if it does not have one. Far as the rear you could make that easy enough if you are up to the atv front, if you find the right shocks you can make it ride nicer lifted just watch out the articulated carts can get 'leany' when lifted 6". Of course I would at least put a clone in it but for your user it may not be needed.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:02 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

260.... you got the deal of the year. Yes it does look like its smiling. Great cart for that price.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:26 AM   #4
Stegs
Not Yet Wild

I have a G14 also, great cart!

I have a 4 inch block lift and some 10" rims/ 20" a/t tires

Works great for around the yard, plenty of clearance for trails and woods.

golf cart tire supply has that entire combo for about 500 dollars (lift, rims and tires)

lift is easy to install....take a few hours.

I would highly recommend the jakes full power kit. It will cut back on your top speed, but you will have plenty of power for around the house/pulling a wagon
Stegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Well that was simple enough. That's the easiest one yet. One problem it turned out to be a 6" lift. I may do some rethinking about it. Those are not the tires that will go on it. Looking at the rear it's not a lot of wheel well so I may have to live with a six inch lift.

one other thing. I was planning on using the existing Yamaha steering. This will make the steering ratio quick. I will have to look into this. I always can get a rack and pinion. I'm trying to take out issues that I've been through with my last two builds. Ride quality and bump-steer.

And if Pops spills his scotch, he gets very angry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3177.JPG (139.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3176.JPG (150.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #6
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Is the wheelbase as narrow as the pictures look? Is it more narrow than the stock yami front?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #7
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Out to out on the stock wheels are 46"
Atv with those tires are 46"

That's another thing I didn't like. If you go higher go wider to help stabilize it. But that will call for fender flares. And he don't like mud in his scotch either. I think it's too high.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

May have to switch to beer, the mud stays in the bottom and does not affect flavor much lol Yes make sure you mock it all up and check all that stuff before you weld it all up!!!
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:18 PM   #9
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

I'm glad I had just tacked that front on. Taking advice and thinking about the stability of the cart, I stretched the front end 4". Matches up with the rear wheels and I think turned out ok. I went to build my rear lift and out of 1 1/2 sq. tubing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3191.JPG (142.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #10
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Let's see some more pics once you get the 1 1/2" tubing in.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts