lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2019, 07:43 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Carburator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
what year is your cart? do you have an aftermarket carb or stock? the oil supply from the injection pump can vary depending on year. its a small port that can be capped. there is also a larger line that is a vent line if the float sticks but it does up and over the carb, doesn't make sense to me but works.
there is on line that goes from the differential to the oil tank in case of over flow it doesn't get on the golf course. you can cap that line but make sure the differential breather is installed correctly and not plugged.

on the oil injector removal, I removed the primary clutch, then removed the oil pump drive case. removed the plastic drive gear by knocking out the small drift pin and the c-clip. then I removed the pump from the case and made a block off plate for it. then reinstalled it the drive case as normal, as it keeps the crank seal from coming out.

if your cart still has the butterfly valve in the exhaust just make sure the linkage works with the throttle pedal or that plate will block the exhaust.
Well said!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #12
sgsdane1
Not Yet Wild

Awesome Mike. I'm working on it.

If I could just find a schematic or actual pics of the carbs.

I believe my model is a 1981 from what I can ascertain.
sgsdane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #13
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgsdane1 View Post
Awesome Mike. I'm working on it.

If I could just find a schematic or actual pics of the carbs.

I believe my model is a 1981 from what I can ascertain.
Join the Yamaha G1 G3 facebook page and ask for pics/videos of the carb setup. I can post video there, Im not sure how to post video here.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #14
Schmally
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Has anyone successfully put an aftermarket carb on. 1982 j17? What jet size?
Schmally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:46 PM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmally View Post
There have been a few that have done it. I believe a 30mm mikuni was the one I'm most familiar with. It's not a bolt on deal, but it's possible. You would gain power, mostly in the mid and upper rpm range, and you would be able to rev it to 6000 rpm or more. The G1 engine was based off of a sled engine, just detuned to power a golf cart. If you really want more power in a relatively easy bolt in project, convert the top end to a Bravo 250.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:17 AM   #16
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmally View Post
By aftermarket are meaning the cheap chinese "mokuni" carbs? If so then yes I have. They are fine to bolt right up unless you adapt any other year G1 exhaust then you may want to step up the main jet. warning: you may have to try more than one of these cheap carbs as they are hit and miss.

I think Slo meant the enticer 250 topend.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:33 AM   #17
Schmally
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
By aftermarket are meaning the cheap chinese "mokuni" carbs? If so then yes I have. They are fine to bolt right up unless you adapt any other year G1 exhaust then you may want to step up the main jet. warning: you may have to try more than one of these cheap carbs as they are hit and miss.

I think Slo meant the enticer 250 topend.
Thanks! I recently picked up what turned out to be a J17, it needs crank seals and the previous owner put a mokini carb on it which leaks pretty bad. . I'm trying to track down the original but haven't had much luck. Hoping to get the seals installed and see how she runs this weekend
Schmally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:34 AM   #18
jegascho
Not Yet Wild

I have a 1980 J10. I need to replace the carb, but I am not finding the exact carb that was on the unit. Will it make a difference if I use one of the newer style carbs?

Thanks
jegascho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:51 AM   #19
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I recommend starting your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's. Just start a new thread and we'll chime in to help.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:42 PM   #20
jegascho
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, I,m new to this.
jegascho is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha