lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2021, 04:44 PM   #1
Lokmdwn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 91 club car DS accelerator upgrade

I am in the process of upgrading a 91 Club Car DS 36V to a 48V Hunting Cart, I "mistakenly" thought I could upgrade the motor, controller, solenoid and F/R switch and be done. Mine has (had) the V-Glide and resistor coils. I bought a Plum Quick Grizzly motor, Alltrax 600A controller, Heavy duty solenoid and HD F/R switch. never even thought about the fact that the stock accelerator might not work. I called Alltrax and they said I needed to convert my V-Glide. I started looking for conversion kits but then thought why not completely upgrade to whatever the new style is. I do not know what that upgrade is though.
Is it this ? AM293201 - DS Pre-MCOR to MCOR4 Conversion Kit.

Or should I be looking for something else?

If I am replacing everything else, do I need the "Pre-MCOR" or just start with the newest?

Thanks
Lokmdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: 91 club car DS accelerator upgrade

Im not sure exactly on the 91. But if you look under the cart on the passenger side of the cart there should be a hole in the frame surrounded by 4 little holes. It should be in line with the accelerator pedal on the outer frame rail. That is where the MCOR would attach to the cart. If its not there, im not sure you can do the MCOR conversion. Im sure someone here can give more info but as far as a conversion thats what I know basically. Hopefully it helps. I dont doubt there will be a club car expert along shortly with some more certain insight.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:46 AM   #3
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Send an email to revolution and ask.

With the MCOR conversion, the parking brake still works, releases with the Go pedal which is nice.
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:24 AM   #4
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just install the conversion on a 99 V-glide. I would think the 91 would be the same.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:35 PM   #5
Lokmdwn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks All,
I sent an email to revolution when I posted the question, figured to cover as many bases that I could. Hope to hear something from him next week.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:47 PM   #6
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

You could also just put resistors in your vglide for less than $20. Search here for threads on it. Some people donít like it because you have step values in your throttle but itís super robust and if it did ever fail easily diagnosed and repaired.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:43 AM   #7
Lokmdwn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
You could also just put resistors in your vglide for less than $20. Search here for threads on it. Some people donít like it because you have step values in your throttle but itís super robust and if it did ever fail easily diagnosed and repaired.
Thanks,
I will dig around a little and see what I can find.

can you explain "step values in your throttle"? Is it something you can feel during acceleration?
Old 09-05-2021, 11:21 AM   #8
Lokmdwn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Jake_Daddy,
resistors on order to make it a 3 wire. inexpensive enough to give it a try before going for the full upgrade.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:34 AM   #9
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

You found the right thread. I have been running the three wire for a while now with no complaints. Basically the steps are if you pressed the accelerator slow enough you could feel the cart ramp up in steps as you moved from one resistor to the next, during my normal driving I never notice it.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car