lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #1
sttonkin86
Not Yet Wild

Default 92' Club Car DS throttle function reversed

Hello All,
New member here, hopefully this is the correct forum to post on. I have a 92' club car DS 36v w/ v glide. I bought the cart somewhat cannibalized from previous owner but have since got the cart running. I have one remaining issue, the throttle pedal function seems reversed. When the pedal is to the floor the cart slows or stops, as I decelerate(letting the pedal out) the cart will actually speed up... I've switched the resistors, purchased new resistors, nothing seems to correct the throttle issue. Motor controller and solenoid were replaced, everything functions as it should. Any help on the issue would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm fairly technical but this one has me lost.
sttonkin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2021, 05:41 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 92' Club Car DS throttle function reversed

The wrong throttle type is set in the controller, or throttle wires are incorrectly connected.

The cart is either going to be a 0-5k or a 5k-0 and I would guess your controller is programmed for the opposite.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 06:38 PM   #3
sttonkin86
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for getting back to me. Easiest way to tell if motor controller is incorrect?
Old 09-05-2021, 07:04 PM   #4
biphase
Gone Wild

I assume your cart uses the BLACK 36V Curtis 1204 controller. That controller requires a throttle that varies from 0 ohms at pedal UP to 5000 ohms when the pedal is pushed all the way to the floor. You can measure the throttle resistance by removing the throttle wires from the controller and measuring the resistance between the two wires as you operate the throttle. The throttle wires are the bottom two push-on terminals on the controller. I suspect you will find that the resistance is 5000 ohms at pedal UP and 0 ohms at full throttle which is backwards. You can correct the throttle by changing one of the two attachment points on the v-glide. One of the two wires should attach to the wiper and you must have this one correct already. The other wire should connect to the LOW end of the V-glide where the wiper rests when the pedal is UP. I suspect you are using the wire at the HIGH end of the V-glide instead.
If you have installed the GRAY 48V Curtis 1204 controller you are using wrong controller because that controller requires a 5K-0 throttle and was not intended for the 36V cart.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:55 AM   #5
sttonkin86
Not Yet Wild

(Update) Wow, something that simple has caused so many headaches! Wire to wiper arm (stud 1) was correct as you said. The other (white) wire was on (stud 3), removed and put on low end (stud 2), fixed immediately.

Quick adjustment to the throttle linkage and possibly some new hardware to mount v glide and we're ready to go.

Appreciate the help of this group, not sure why it took so long to register and just ask the question.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car