lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
mikeb1967
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G1 Primary Clutch Question

Hello, I have several G1's. I noticed on 2 of them that the primary clutch housing is a slip-sleeve kinda design and all the others are a larger 1 piece housing design. They are all 1985-86 models. Can anyone tell me the difference in these clutches and the purpose for the 2 different designs? Thanks, MikeB
mikeb1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
mikeb1967
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Primary Clutch Question

Hello, Anyone have any ideas? Just wondering if one design was better than the other. I recently put a Jakes 6" lift on my cart and had to cut away part of the clutch housing so it would go past the frame. I felt this was the lesser of 2 evils because i would have had to cut about half way through the frame to make it fit and i felt the frame would be substantially weakened if i did that. After that i saw this other clutch design which was much smaller and would easily fit with a little dent in the frame. So if anyone has any ideas, lemme know. MikeB
mikeb1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Primary Clutch Question

I don't know which one is best but I had the "slip-sleeve kinda design" and it worked well.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g1 clutch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha