lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
cntstpdrmnme
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 CC Gas Rear End Locked Up Solid!

Good Morning and thanks for all the help your posts have been in the past!

I just got into golf carts a few years ago, have a 87 ez-go and just bought a 93 club car last year. The ez-go has been practically bullet proof (knock on wood), but the club car has been nothing a royal P.I.A! I could go down the list, but suffice it to say, with the exception of CC rear ends, I've been just about everywhere else on this buggy!

Every now and again, when putting the cart in reverse, there would be a slight grinding noise. Moved the shift lever back and forth and it was fine. Last night however, I was motoring home at a nice little clip and the rear end just completely locked up! The shifter "seems" to shift from fwd to reverse, motor runs, but basically just heating up the belt. (it wants to go, just "can't").
Spent most of last night perusing posts and found some things to check, but figured I would put it out there to see what you folks think and if you might be able to offer some direction.

Thanks so much!
cntstpdrmnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 93 CC Gas Rear End Locked Up Solid!

this case how do you change the rear end oil? might as well do this before this happens to mine....
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
cntstpdrmnme
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 93 CC Gas Rear End Locked Up Solid!

Thanks to Shadowman's advice, rocked the crap out of it, got it freed, lubed and running like a champ.

If you are at the rear of the cart looking at the differential, on the right side, you'll see two 14mm bolts positioned at roughly 3 and 6 o'clock. 6 is the drain and 3 is the fill. They are positioned at 6 and 9 on the left hand side for the upper housing. From what I understand though, they changed the rear end around 96 or 97, so yours could be different...?
cntstpdrmnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car