lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 87 ez go flooding

Carb is flooding out on me spitting gas from hole in top---is it my carb thats bad or out of adjustment or fuel pump problems ??
jlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 ez go flooding

That means that the float is not sealing the needle valve. Either the float has a puncture or there is some dirt on the needle seat. Take the carburetor off and check the float and the valve. Of course while you are there it makes sense to clean all the jets and nozzles.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

what am i looking for on the float ?? i have had this carb off a few different times and cleaned real good each and everytime, if the float adjustment isn't correct couild this also cause it to flood and spit gas??
thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Remove the carb-place it bowl side up remove the bowl you'll now see the float. Look at the pin that holds it in or pivots on remove it with needle nose pliers and remove the float. Now you will see the needle and seat remove the needle NOT LOOSE IT clean it you may also remove the seat and clean it or carb spray and compressed air. As Dave said while your there I would remove all the jets and clean them also. I would also at this time change the fuel filter trash is coming from some where and that's your only protection.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have had flooding problems for awhile---how do you know when its just time to buy a new carb??
Old 02-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

As Dave said there are only a few things which causes this BAD FLOAT DIRTY NEEDLE & SEAT IMPROPER FLOAT ADJUSTMENT if there are corrected it should operate correctly. Place the removed float in a small bowl of gas OUTSIDE and let it sit for and hour and see if it's still floating ? If so float is good. Now needle and seat it is possible the needle itself is bad RUBBER GONE ON THE TIP if so it has to be replaced normally needle & seat with a new set. Float adjustment replace the float hold the carb horazonal and look at the float it should be approximately level bend the tabs to correct this but don't apply pressure on the needle while doing this. OK now $100 for a new carb or repair that's your call I just can't seem to let a simple carb bet me. Keep us posted but this may also help others.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks---be a few days til i can get to it but will keep you posted on what happens with another cleaning and inspection. if i need a new float or needle where do i go to obtain parts for it??
Thanks
again
Old 02-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
racin161
Gone Wild

Please contact any of the site sponsors and I'm sure they can help. Just shout out K

GOOD LUCK
LOU
Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hold the carb, with the bowl off, upside down, the float should
sit level(parallel to the bowl seat). If the float is a hollow style
shake it to see if it has a leak and is sinking.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #10
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
As Dave said there are only a few things which causes this BAD FLOAT DIRTY NEEDLE & SEAT IMPROPER FLOAT ADJUSTMENT if there are corrected it should operate correctly. Place the removed float in a small bowl of gas OUTSIDE and let it sit for and hour and see if it's still floating ? If so float is good. Now needle and seat it is possible the needle itself is bad RUBBER GONE ON THE TIP if so it has to be replaced normally needle & seat with a new set. Float adjustment replace the float hold the carb horazonal and look at the float it should be approximately level bend the tabs to correct this but don't apply pressure on the needle while doing this. OK now $100 for a new carb or repair that's your call I just can't seem to let a simple carb bet me. Keep us posted but this may also help others.
My thought's also! kits are a lot cheaper than a carb.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO