lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: I can't get the Drive Clutch Off HELP!!!!

I'm not a Yammi guy but normal threads are righty tighty lefty loosey
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

one thing i can add is to use a 1" rachet strap around the clutch and tie it off to the frame back where the seat mounts attach , that will hold it in place while trying to loosen the bolt to the left remember 6 point impact socket only. it sounds like a typical yamaha either finger tight or omg the back of the cart is off the ground tight . you may end up having to cut the head off the bolt and then removing the clutch then heat the threads to get it out but that is a last resort because the clutch may not come off easy. just remember swearing does help and the hammer does not.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I suspect you may have it "OMG" tight by impacting it the wrong way. Keep at it you'll get it. Impact is the way to go! - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
mako19
Not Yet Wild

VICTORY. I got it off. The problem wasn't that I was going the wrong way but it wouldn't move either way.

I keep spraying with PB blaster and putting some heat on it and it finally broke free.

Thanks for your help guys.

The cart is almost done and I will post some pics
mako19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #15
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good to hear that you were successful. Ill bet the outcome wouldn't have been as good if you had kept turning it CW . -RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #16
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wow that clutch must have been really stuck I’ve never really had one do that to me. For me getting my cordless impact into position can be tricky. Sometimes I have to jack up the side of the cart so the engine sags down a little so I can slip the socket on the bolt from underneath. Other times I just have to move the battery to the side a little and I can get at it like that
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha