lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
charles4400
Not Yet Wild

Default Help Wiring 48V Horn (Button & Battery Connection Help)

Hey All, I just got parts in for a horn and button and since no instructions came with it I thought I'd ask first before trying to wire it and have things fry on me!

First off I have a 48v Yamaha g19.

This is the horn I received, described as a universal 36v/48v horn with 2 terminals:

Here is the button I'd like to use, (also 2 terminals) however the description says 'used with 12v systems'.:

Is it possible to use this combination & if so how would I hook it up?

I THINK I would go from the main + terminal of the batteries (48v) and hook that up directly to the horn with a fuse.

Then connect from the Main - terminal from batteries to one side of the Horn Button and continue on that same line to tie into the other end of the Horn.

By doing this I would only have 1 - connection on the horn button and 2 connections to the actual horn.

Is this correct?

I do have a 12v converter (not yet hooked up) if that helps in controlling the button with 12 v but then how would the horn still get 48v?

Any help on this hookup is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!,
Charles
charles4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha