lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Charger/battery info

I realize I am putting myself at great risk of being flamed here, but here goes.

We are gonna do the "snow bird" thing and leave the '05 Precedent in Phoenix next summer.

I am open to ideas regarding keeping the batteries charged during the summer months when we are not there. The cart will be in a garage, and I can have somebody look at the cart every ????? whenever.

I have talked/emailed with a couple of battery charger companies and they have suggested wiring the batteries in parallel and using a 12 volt charger.
So the all electronics for the cart would be disconnected and the cart is serving only as a place to keep the batteries.

The charger - be it convential, or a square wave (de-sulfater) - would "see" one 12 volt battery.

I got my asbestos skivvies on, so lets have your thought's and ideas.

THANKS, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car