lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default How much lift...

...can I expect to get? I am cruising at about 4" above grade in OEM mode ('02 CC) and using the car on food plot land that has been cleared but then uprooted by feral hogs. I am bottoming out a lot and need a lift if it isn't to expensive and achieves at least twice the ground clearance.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: How much lift...

Lifting the cart will not gain you ground clearance, bigger tires and wheels will, which is why you will need a lift......gaining another 4" of ground clearance will be tough! Figure half of any additional gains made by tire height as additional ground clearance.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is only "so much" clearance between the OEM wheel and the body of the cart. If I add larger diameter tires and rims, am I going to have to cut the fiberglass body at the wheel well?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Shouldn't be a problem. The new wheels will be offset (you need to make sure of this) plus the lift will help clearance issues. I read your "slippery" post, and you should consider some 22-23" inch tires with some aluminum wheels, and at least 4" but probably6" A-arm lift. This will be a few bucks! Lots of tire/wheel/lift packages from our sposors here who can help guide you to the best combo for your use and budget.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintrock View Post
The new wheels will be offset
That could be problematic as the trailer is only 6" wider than the cart. Offset wheels would mean a new trailer and I just got the one I have. How much offset?

BTW...Happy Easter!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

You want a negative offset to bring the tires "in" towards the differential, so you don't have to worry about the trailer or the wheel wells. You'll be OK! I would also seriously consider a torque spring upgrade given what you are using your cart for......
Old 04-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #7
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

I agree with Flint... The more lift, the more tire you can manage! The more tire you can manage under the cart, the higher the swingarm will be for more clearance!! Long Travel in the front will max out at 8" of front clearance! Hope this helps without sounding like a broken record here...
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK guys. I have some research to do (i.e. tire/wheel/lift package). I have a mechanic to help as I will be the "Deep Pocket" and he will be the "Muscle". This is what my Day Job is for...supporting my weekend and after hour habits.

Negative offset, swingarm, A-arm lift, torque springs, a whole new vocabulary!

Is there a "Resale" or "Used Parts" Forum? Someone must have upgraded and now has used parts at potentially reduced rates.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Go to the front page of the forum and there is an "Items for Sale" section... Try there
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Hill Country Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I've got a 2007 with 8" A Arm lift and 25 inch tires and a 2004 with 6" A Arm lift and 22 inch tires. Both of the lift kits came with heagy duty rear springs. All the tires are mud tires to assist with keeping the lugs clean of mud when it rains. It makes for a bumpy ride on streets, but works well in the area I hunt - Rocksprings, TX. I also added the driven clutch spring to assist in climbint the hills.
No rub issues, no bottoming out on rocks. I also added fender flares to keep the mud in check and a skid plate I got at my local dealer to protect the bottom of the transaxle.
The picture on the right is the 6" lifted cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_GolfCartProgression021.jpg (3.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg th_2004IkeCart031.jpg (3.6 KB, 57 views)
Hill Country Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car