lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
jefftnar
Not Yet Wild

Default 90 EZGO Gas - not turning over

my 90 EZGO gas quit running. nothing now happens when I press the gas...nothing. charged battery, cleaned terminals, etc...ensured power is good.

this happened one other time and it was a loose wire going to the box back by the rear passenger tire. Any suggestions?
jefftnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: 90 EZGO Gas - not turning over

Do you hear a click when you push the peddle down a ways? If not you have a problem with limit switch or wiring to or from it. Switch is located behind the key switch inside under seat. Take cover off and see if wires are on/loose. If not, check for voltage to one of the wires when key is on with volt meter. You should have 12 volts to one of the wires and be hearing a click when the switch is hit by the throttle cable. If you have power to switch but not click, then bad switch. If you do have a click, then follow voltage to where it isn't and is supposed to be for the prob.
Switchs are on Ebay and many other web sites and of course dealers at around $24.
If you do not have a manual then take the one below as it is the best and gives all need info on your repairs.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...-gas-parts.pdf
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
jefftnar
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 90 EZGO Gas - not firing

found a loose wire...now that I found that it turns over but will not fire. Looks to not be getting gas. Can it lose its prime?
Old 01-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
redcloud
Gone Wild

Not realy. Take the pulse line from engine block off at the pump to see if you are getting a good pulsing action when you turn the engine over. If not you have a seal problem. If you have pulsing, reconnect hose and remove hose at carb and turn over engine to see if you get fuel pumping throw line. If not, check line from tank to pump for leaks or bad pickup line in tank or even bad gas cap. If all is ok then clean pump to see if you can repair it or replace the pump.
It is funny how the wire could cause a fuel problem so I would be inclined to think a wire issue is still at hand unless you are sure your getting good spark but no fuel.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #5
jefftnar
Not Yet Wild

Getting great spark at the plug so know that is good. the buggy say up for a couple of months while I piddled trying to find the wiring problem. I will try all of the things you mentioned. thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
redcloud
Gone Wild

Ifg it has sat for a while you may have some moisture in the carb bowl. If you are getting fuel to carb on your check, then I would look at the carb drain or in some cases the reed valve may be sticking shut.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO