lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
g1jacked
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default keeping it cool

My fan for my g1 was delivered today. I am expecting the fan case next week for my g1 2 stroke. It looks like something came loose in it and melted down. This is the way it came to me. I don't have much history on it. Hopefully, these bolt on parts will keep it cool.
g1jacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
g1jacked
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: keeping it cool

Someone went to great extents to alter the height on this cart; makes me wonder if the governor is still in the rear end. I don't mind 15 mph, but Iwould like to be confident on hills, especially having a higher center of gravity.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Not understanding your posts. Are you needing help?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
g1jacked
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

So far, I'm still waiting for the fan case to come through the mail.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
g1jacked
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I don't know how this happened, but this is the issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_1073.jpg (405.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Well, it looks like it was on fire maybe? Have you ever seen the cart run? At 15 mph I would guess that the governor is still attached. Can you get a pic of the top passenger side? There is a linkage that goes from the top of the transaxle housing and attaches to the carb linkage. This is the governor. If it's there, check to see if it all moves when you step on the accelerator pedal. If it all move, it's likely still hooked up. Also look at the top of the linkage shaft on the transaxle, see if it looks like anyone drilled it out or loosened it up.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
g1jacked
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for asking. I have run it around the yard but not for long periods of time. I don't want to take a chance on overheating, especially when I have parts on the way. I'm still in learning mode as far as carts and buggies go. After the fan case comes, maybe tomorrow, I'll be able to check it out more. I also want to loom up the wires while I'm at it. It's so much easier to see what's going on when you don't have stuff everywhere. I am going to add a cigar lighter so I can plug in/out a big hand-held spotlight.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
g1jacked
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Fan case showed up today while Teri (my lady) and I was at the VA. Darn it, I need to do work on the farm tomorrow. I'll put it back together and try it out as soon as I can. I do like how the fan and case looks like it should blow a lot of air. Thanks Yamaha, let's keep it cool.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #9
g1jacked
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The first thing I wanted to do today was put these parts on. I still want to share some more pics, but I had to ride it. Teri and I (130 + 180) + bucket of feed(25lbs) went round trip 3 miles of 1/2 mile dirt and 1 mile of chip and seal pavement to feed cows today. Some of the dirt road has pretty good incline, but it kept chugging along. The man I bought it from did not build it, but told me run 80-1 not 128-1 because of off-road usage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha