lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

Default Can not find a serial number. What year is this cart?

Hoping someone can I.d the year or gen of my newly acquired hunting buggy. It's 36v by the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2015-01-04-18-20-05.jpg (89.0 KB, 0 views)
JZMOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2015, 07:45 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Can not find a serial number. What year is this cart?

It looks like a G14 or 16E. 1995-2002.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

What is the difference in the 2
Old 01-05-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Sorry, I don't know the difference in the electrics. The serial number tag is on the front cowl next to your left knee, if it's still there...

I found this...

Last question: Is the logo on the front of the car a Yamaha tuning fork symbol, or is the logo a gold or silver emblem with the words YAMAHA?

If the emblem says Yamaha, your car is a G16. New body style, rounded fenders, Yamaha emblem in front, gas engine, your car is a G16A. New body style, rounded fenders, Yamaha emblem in front, electric powered, your car is a G16E OR a G19E, both electric cars.

To tell the difference between a G16E, which is a 36Volt electric, versus a G19E, which is a 48 Volt electric, look for the Forward Reverse Control. If it is a black switch on the dash, your car is a G19E 48 Volt. If the Forward Reverse is in the center of the rear body, large black lever, your car is a G16E 36 Volt electric.

(Exception: it may fit the above description for an electric car and be a G14E, (1995-6) however there is no appearance difference and no parts difference between a G14E and a G16E (1996-2002), so for ordering parts it is safe to say the car is a G16E.)

If the car has the new Yamaha "tuning fork" logo on the front cowl, then your car is a G22.Tuning fork logo, gas engine, G22A. Tuning fork logo, electric powered, G22E.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZMOLIK View Post
What is the difference in the 2
After reading the above, there's no difference.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There is a difference in the controller between G14 & G16, but both are 36v. Also, some G16 & all G14 had SN in battery compartment on aluminum tag, not in glovebox.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

Awesome. Thank u guys. I think all of my tags, or serial numbers were removed or painted over. Off to so some checking on my yamaha emblems.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha