lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2015, 02:13 PM   #11
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Is there a thread on battery preference?

Is there a sponsor on this site that sells the crown 260?
JZMOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #12
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

You need to buy batteries local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:30 PM   #13
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

Why is that?
Old 01-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #14
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Shipping is freight only. Hazard rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #15
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

Ahhh.. makes sense
Old 01-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZMOLIK View Post
So is it safe to say the crowns 260a/hr is better than the exide?
Exide doesn't have a 260AH battery, so there is no direct comparison.

On the other hand, it is a neck-to-neck tie between a Crown CR-245 and an Exide GC-145 since both are 245AH batteries.

My goal was range and I originally planned to get 260AH batteries, but when I started comparing total cost (Price + Taxes + Shipping or trip expense to pick up - etc.) to have the batteries setting next to cart, I ended up special ordering 245AH Exide batteries through a local tractor supply (Rural King) and saved enough to pay for a DC-DC converter.

The best bang for the buck is typically the highest AH available, at the lowest price, from a local source.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #17
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

My goal is more power for getting over small boulders, slight incines, and slight mud. As far as run time, the way i use the cart is I drive for maybe 10 min then park. Then drive for 10 min then park. Id say that I am maybe driving 45min on a charge.

On that note, what other things should i consider upgrading to get more "power?"
Also, I have seen 4x4 conversion motors online. Anyone have experience with these?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZMOLIK View Post
My goal is more power for getting over small boulders, slight incines, and slight mud. As far as run time, the way i use the cart is I drive for maybe 10 min then park. Then drive for 10 min then park. Id say that I am maybe driving 45min on a charge.

On that note, what other things should i consider upgrading to get more "power?"
Also, I have seen 4x4 conversion motors online. Anyone have experience with these?
A 260AH battery pack might be overkill for your application. (Not that there is anything wrong with overkill. )

Technically, the power to go over boulders, climb inclines and drive through mud is called torque, and is mitigated by weight. Except for battery packs made up of the super-economy grade (IE: Low AH) batteries, most will be able to produce the all the amps the motor is capable of drawing. A high AH battery pack will simply be able to produce the high amps for a longer period of time.

Tall tires reduce torque. IE: If the stock tire height is 18", a set of 23" tires will reduce the available torque by 22% were the rubber meets the road.

Going from a 36V battery pack to a 48V pack will increase both torque (and speed) by about 33%.

Going to a higher amp controller will increase the low end torque.

A numerically higher gear ratio in the differential increases torque.

Decreasing the cart weight reduces the torque needed to climb hills and climb over things.
IE: A 6 X 8V 48V battery pack weighs less than a 8 X 6V battery pack, so the same cart with a 6x8V pack will have better acceleration and won't slow as much on hills, but won't have as much range as the same cart with a 8x6V battery pack.

I'm an EZGO guy and don't know much about Yamaha carts, so I can't get more specific, but there must be some Yamaha gurus around here that can.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #19
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

That right there gives me plenty of info to get this project moving. I think im good on the tire size as mine arent oversized but the are slightly larger i believe.

Correct me if im wrong but i think im going to order 48v controller and 8 - 6v batteries. Along with 4g cables.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #20
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

what does upgrading the solenoid give you?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha