lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #11
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha and DPI Charger question.

My neighbor has an 06 and left the charger off for at least a year. He plugged it in and it wouldn't activate the charger. We filled them back with water and disconnected all the cables. He used my charger which is 6V/12V and charged each individually for 2-3 hours, re-connected the cables and the charger did activate. You might try that
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2015, 07:09 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogfan1 View Post
I have charged 2 batteries at a time with a 12v charger. The batteries are reading like 13.5 volts +/-for each set. However, when I hook all 6 back up and plug in the big DPI charger, all 5 lights on the front of the DPI charger just blink all at the same time about once per second continuosly.
Also, I can not get anyhting to come on on the cart. no lights, horn, radio or anything. I do know this cart has had a "Personal Transport Vehicle" kit put on it. It has turn signals, horn, lights and etc... and it had an owners manual about the kit under the seat.
I need help in understanding what is going on with this crazy thang.
Thanks
13.5 x 3=40.5 volts , you need over 44 volts. Might try charging some more.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #13
Hogfan1
Not Yet Wild

I will try charging each one for a couple of hours and see what happens.
Thanks guys for the help!
Hogfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #14
Dodgeguy44
Not Yet Wild

If you have 6 batteries and it is a 48 volt cart then the batteries are 8 volts each. Your 12 volt charger will only charge to around 13.5 volts however with 2 of your batteries you need a 16 volt charger (not available from most retailers). If you can find a 24 volt charger you can charge 3 at a time in series to fully charge the batteries.
Dodgeguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha