lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
Dodgeguy44
Not Yet Wild

Default YDRE quits while accelerating

2009 YDRE will drive slowly if the accelerator is eased down to just make it start to move however if the accelerator is pushed down a little further the cart will quit. Reseting the tow/run switch will restart it.

Batteries are good and all terminals are clean so full voltage is available.

Any ideas?
Dodgeguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: YDRE quits while accelerating

That is a battery or power delivery problem to the controller. Check all cables, solenoid and batteries. What does the battery voltage drop to (lowest just as it cuts out) if the pedal is pressed hard enough to get it to "crap out"? What battery discharge score in minutes? What age batts? At rest battery voltage? The exact symptoms you describe always lead me to battery problems on a yamaha (easy pedal is ok, heavy pedal shuts down and requires reset).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #3
Dodgeguy44
Not Yet Wild

I put new US 12XC2 batteries in this afternoon, cleaned all of the connections (including controller,motor and solenoid) and still the same. It had 2010 Trojans in it that were on the weak side, 47 minutes. Very possibly the solenoid. I have a new one coming.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:57 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ok, so we know the batts should be good, if theyre charged. The other questions are still up in the air.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
Phil4Yamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Wow that is alot of work done. I would have suggested a weak solenoid first, that is a cheap fix, under $100. Defective battery is the second thing to look at.
Phil4Yamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
Dodgeguy44
Not Yet Wild

I'm still a bit puzzled as to what has been wrong however before the new solenoid arrived it started working fine again and hasn't quit since.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha