lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
patrickl
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G1 Model Number

I have a Yamaha G1 gasoline cart with the number J32-010998 stamped on the engine crankcase. I would like to know the year of this cart. I have checked the Yamaha model listing but it does not list the J32. Can someone help? Is there any differences compared to the J31 models? Thanks, Pat
patrickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Model Number

You need to find the cart serial number, not number on block to properly identify cart. Look on the top of the bar of the frame between the rear shocks, or on the cross-brace behind the rear bumper.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:54 AM   #3
patrickl
Not Yet Wild

Cgtech, thanks for your reply. The number on the frame is the same as what is stamped on the engine crankcase - J32-010998. Thanks, Pat
Old 03-05-2015, 06:50 AM   #4
patrickl
Not Yet Wild

One more question. How can I test the oil pump? Can I simply disconnect the oil injection line, start the motor and see if oil is flowing? Can the oil injector nozzle fail? I suspect that there is little or no oil being injected because when I asked the owner how much oil the cart was using he said that I was the last one to check the oil level. That was twelve months ago and the oil level is still high. Yes, the motor is noisy when under load but the owner said it has been like that for years! So for my own piece of mind I would like to confirm or otherwise that oil is being injected. Thanks, Pat
Old 03-05-2015, 09:30 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The oil tank should last roughly 10 tanks of fuel. The oil flow to the small line at the carb is so minimal, you could need to run the engine for a while (while denying it oil, if line is disconnected) to detect any flow. If it was being denied oil for months, it would already be trashed (this would only take 1 day or less of operation). If you are worried, mix your own oil in the fuel. Do not open any of the oil lines unless absolutely necessary, any air bubble in the line could equal death for the engine.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #6
patrickl
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Cgtech.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha