lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
dyeager535
Not Yet Wild

Default Going to look at an HD(apparently) cart, info please?

Hello!

New here, but not new to mechanical stuff. I'm pretty confident in my abilities and resources (can rebuild engines/transmission, have converted vehicles to EFI, capability to weld, cut, etc), yet I understand having not dealt with these before, there may be things I can and should look out for.

If someone is willing to look at a couple of links for me, I can PM them since I don't have enough posts to link pics here. It is a 4 wheel version, the metal braces that keep you from falling out appear to be attached to the seats. Looks like two cutouts in front of the driver/passenger on top of the dash for storage, and two cupholders in between those cutouts. In my brief searches online, I don't see an HD that looks like this, but the owner tells me it is.

As is normal, the batteries are apparently dead, so testing it is not likely to be possible. I can jumper a 12V battery in it (maybe two 12V) to test if it will run, if 12 or 24V is "enough".

Intent of this is to simply make it functional to drive around the neighborhood, so I don't want to end up with something that I will have to dump a ton of time and extra money in.

Assuming people can see the pics and determine a year range, are any normal wear parts fairly common?

Thank You!
dyeager535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
dyeager535
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Going to look at an HD(apparently) cart, info please?

Upon further research, appears it's probably a DE-40.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
dyeager535
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Going to look at an HD(apparently) cart, info please?

Well that was short lived. I thought it looked like a good deal at $200, apparently I was right. Guy decided to sell it before I got there.

Maybe I'll be posting here or in one of the other forums when I can find another one at a decent price. :(
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson