lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2021, 08:11 PM   #11
James wadsworth
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: wiring for maxcar controller

I have one of these wonderful max cars going crazy working through these problems I’m thinking about looking into the transistor that needs to get replaced in my controller what happened to the transistor that was next to the transistor that you circled because mine has one is that a blank spot or did you just happen to have that one taken out I can compare notes with whoever’s got these Max cars and take pictures of the one that I was told was working when I just purchased it 10 days ago but I have a resistor going from side to side of my solenoid which I’m not seeing in the other pictures and it’s getting hotter than hell and I’m thinking it might be a problem not to have it there any ideas maybe we can work together and get these things figured out
James wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2021, 08:50 AM   #12
biphase
Gone Wild

I removed the missing transistor to use on another controller. Does the solenoid resistor run hot after the cart has been sitting idle or only after you step on the pedal and attempt to drive it? If the resistor only gets hot after you step on the pedal, that is a clue that you have the same problem as I did. The solenoid is not closing due to the damaged transistor mentioned earlier.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 07:11 AM   #13
jimmccusker
Not Yet Wild

I just purchase a golf cart with the same maxcar controller in the pictures on this thread. My golf cart will click the solenoid when flipping the switch from run to service/maintenance, but will not move forward or reverse. The maxcar controller housing is quite melted. I'm looking to get a direct replacement ) or upgraded controller (alltrax or Curtis) that's pretty well plug-and-play any ideas? I've tested the motor and pedal potentiometer and both are good. I removed all the capacitors from the board and they all tested good. Same with the mosfets. I have not tested the solenoid transistor yet, I will after seeing previous post on it. That definitely got hot because it slid off of its pad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220319_164303.jpg (226.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220319_164308.jpg (216.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220319_164321.jpg (231.1 KB, 0 views)
jimmccusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:00 PM   #14
jimmccusker
Not Yet Wild

Do you know of a replacement controller that would be compatible with the maxcar controller? My maxcar controller is melted.
jimmccusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maxcar, youngsoo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts