lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
Hookedonbuggies
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G9 won't go

I just picked up an electric G9. Batteries are good. When I press the gas you can hear the contact engage. Checked all control wiring and seemed to be ok. Any ideas out there? Is there a test I can do with 3 battery's just to verify the motor is good?
Hookedonbuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2016, 11:29 PM   #2
Hookedonbuggies
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G9 won't go

After doing some research i tested this 36v series motor by connecting the (S1) and (A2) terminals then connected positive lead from a 12v charger to the (S2) and the negative to the (A1)Good news my motor works!
Old 03-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #3
Hookedonbuggies
Not Yet Wild

Ok so i did some more trouble shooting. After digging thru some threads i found that the white charger button on the charger receptacle can go out. I ohmed it out and verified it is working properly. After verifying my wiring with the wiring diagram everything appeared to be wired correctly. I reinstalled my batteries and checked voltage on the pack 36.8.(I preformed the following voltage test with my negative lead from meter on battery pack neg) I then verified voltage at the solenoid36.8 to it. With key on and accelerator pressed in forward i have 36.8 on the load side of the solenoid, i also noticed all 4 leads on F&R switch had 36.8V and same thing on all 4 motor leads. When in reverse the Voltage on my meter climbs into the hundreds??????? Does this sound right?
Old 03-25-2016, 08:26 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The reverse beeper is playing evil tricks with your volt meter...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:00 PM   #5
Hookedonbuggies
Not Yet Wild

hahahaha ok good to know. thank you for the reply. does this sound like a controller issue or a F&R switch issue?
Old 03-26-2016, 12:55 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Right now, the verdict is still unclear, but leaning towards controller. Tested the throttle sensor yet? Three wires, have to test all possible combos at throttle. One combo will be 1k ohm no matter where throttle is, one combo will be 0-1k increasing to 1k as throttle is pressed, one combo will be 1k-0, decreasing to zero as throttle is pressed. None of these values are absolute, 50ohm to 950ohm is fine too, just has to be "close-enough" to spec.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:23 AM   #7
Hookedonbuggies
Not Yet Wild

ok i will check that next thanks again for the help!!!!!
Old 03-26-2016, 04:44 PM   #8
Hookedonbuggies
Not Yet Wild

Question. Hahaha when I did this test I split the throttle sensor connector above the controller. I was not getting the reading you had mentioned above on either side of the connector. You also said to test it at throttle so maybe I was in the wrong spot. I went under the cart to look for a spot to test at the sensor itself and could not find anything. I did notice miss matched bolts on cover like someone had been there before. Hahaha. Thoughts on this?Bad throttle sensor?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #9
Hookedonbuggies
Not Yet Wild

Ok so after using a more reliable meter i have concluded my throttle sensor was good. Is there a way to test my controller to tell if it is good or bad?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha