lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2016, 10:12 PM   #1
smoman
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha 2006 G29 YDRE just died - Controller Issues?

Howdy all,

Yamaha G29 2006 YDRE ISSUES

My wife's and kids cart just up and died in the middle of going down the driveway. I had it in the shop all night diagnosing the issues and wanted a confirmation from anyone that I am on the right track. (when i got to it, it was dead...battery meter light comes on with the key but no clicking or movement at all....so I towed it back to the shop.

My tests show:

Good voltage across pack!
Pulled solenoid and it activates with 50v across it! (testing manually pulled from cart)
Checked stop switch and got proper continuity!
Checked the TPS and appears to be working correctly!
Replaced TOW switch due to corrosion and have 50v across it when needed!
Cleaned all connections!

So here is where I stand...I pulled the power wires off the solenoid and just kept on the activating wires. I cannot get the solenoid to engage/click. For the life of me it will not engage.

I put a ground across the solenoid from the battery pack #1 post and the solenoid clicks. It seem that the controller/computer controls the ground to the solenoid once the pedal is engaged?

I am thinking a controller/computer issue. I also do not get a click anymore when I go from tow (wait) and back to run.

Any ideas what to try...or buck up and buy a controller/computer?

Thanks for all, we are lost without the cart...well my kids are!

Steve
smoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2016, 08:40 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha 2006 G29 YDRE just died - Controller Issues?

You are on the right track. The controller does ground the negative side of the solenoid to actuate it. If you have power on the positive side and the controller does not ground the negative side, it is either the wiring going to the controller or the controller itself. Does the cart run if you jump the main solenoid terminals?
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
smoman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. The last thing I did was jump the mains on the solenoid and it did and I got a weird smell....made me also think something in the computer went bad. But that was the last ditch effort before I put the volt meter away.

I did not have the pedal down when I did that....should I try that with the pedal down to engage the motor?

Thanks
Steve
Old 08-03-2016, 08:53 PM   #4
smoman
Not Yet Wild

I purchased a used controller on Ebay and we are back in action. The old one just died mid drive....no warnings.

Thanks all
Steve
Old 08-05-2016, 11:33 AM   #5
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Just out of curiosity how did you test the Throttle sensor??
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha