lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2016, 09:20 PM   #1
csracing
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Yahama G19E questions

Hello,

New here. I've been looking for a 4 seat golf cart to use as a pit vehicle at the racetrack. I came across a 2000 G19E today for $300. It's in very good shape with nothing visibly wrong with it, but the seller believes the batteries to all be junk. The seller has not actually used the cart, so the history is basically unknown. I'm told the charger is available. Are there any "gotchas" or things that I should specifically be looking at on this golf cart? Do you think this is a good buy assuming it needs batteries?

I did a fair bit of searching on the 'net for batteries and the best price I found was $129 each. This makes this cart a fair bit less appealing to me, but I'm hoping I can salvage a couple of the batteries (maybe all of them?) to save a few bucks. Are there any favorite forum vendors that might sell batteries cheaper?

I know nothing about these machines beyond what I've read in the owner's manual so any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

CSR
csracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2016, 09:42 PM   #2
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Yahama G19E questions

My wife has the exact cart. We put new batteries in hers when we bought it and it's run great for the last 3 years. You don't want to replace 1 or 2 or 3 of the batteries. It's best to get a full new set of Trojan brand batteries. In my opinion. Aside from general brake maintenance, it's pretty well made cart.
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:43 PM   #3
csracing
Not Yet Wild

I know run time is battery dependent, but is there an average mileage on a charge on these things? I've been looking for a gas cart, but for this price, I'm having a hard time passing this electric up.
csracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

i would consider a set of new batteries cost as part of the cost of this deal. if you really must mix batteries, whatever you do dont buy any new ones to "mix in" with the old ones, go to a local shop and see if they will work with you on buying some cheap used ones off their "core battery" pallet. take a automotive battery load tester with you when you go so you can at least pick the best loser batteries (those are available at harbor freight cheap if you dont have one). select only 8v batteries (those with 4 holes in the top). lots of the "off-grid power" guys come buy stuff off our core pallet, they always bring cores in to trade towards what they buy (you should too), they are always nice to us so we are always nice to them. try to talk to the techs if you can for best luck, they know what was best of what they worked on. over the period of 5 years, chasing the worst used battery out of your set will likely cost nearly as much as a new set, so this should be a "lets see how this will work for my needs" option.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha