lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #11
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front Lift Steering Problems

I agree with Stovebolt, if you install an EZGO factory style drop axle kit, OE or after market you will solve all you problems. I keep looking at your photo's, the right wheel is not being pushed out enough and the left wheel is being pulled in to far, tie rods are adjusted to short. If moving the axle back straightens the angle of the tie rods it would push the wheels apart at the rear and you would have the opposite effect of what you have.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2016, 05:59 PM   #12
j-bone
Not Yet Wild

I've got a 4 or 6" drop axle front end that I took off a 2003 TXT to install the Jakes Long Travel Kit. I'm not sure it is compatible with your year. I'd let it go for cheep plus shipping.

PM me if interested.

J
j-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #13
thinfire
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Did some reading on Ackerman steering geometry and have a much better understanding as to why I shouldn’t move the front axle forward, it wrecks the steering geometry. Too bad, I like the way it looks. Thanks Rayjayy for the tip.

I’m going to put the axle back to its original position but need to limit the wheel turning left so it doesn't interfere with the brake pedal (my original problem) I read somewhere that I could do this by adjusting the tie rods to one side or putting in stops?? If I can solve this problem then I think I would be happy. I am about one quarter turn from a full left lock before the tire hits.

I agree with everyone that the tie rod extensions are crappy and may invest in ST’s
I have attached a few pics showing the extension on, off, and the tire rubbing the brake.
Thanks, Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3843.jpg (133.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3845.jpg (132.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3846.jpg (94.3 KB, 0 views)
thinfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #14
rayjayy
Not Yet Wild

You could run a long one piece tie rod between the spindles and then use a short drag link from the pitman arm to one of the spindles. This would probably go a long way to fixing the ackerman problem.

Adding a steering stop would be the best way to keep the tire from rubbing the brake pedal. Or just don't turn the steering wheel that far.
rayjayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:19 PM   #15
thinfire
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Not turning the wheel that far was my first solution until I came off a small curb on a LH turn and locked up the tire on the brake. It won't take too many of those to ruin the new rubber.
The geometry should be close to normal now that I have put the axle back to its original position. I think the steering stop is the low tech/ low cost solution.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:40 AM   #16
thinfire
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks everyone for your time and suggestions, much appreciated.

Tags
txt ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO