lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2016, 09:54 AM   #11
Ronman
Getting Wild

Default Re: Would really appreciate some cart buying help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I'm courious why the motor didn't have a dip stick in it.
That's not a great motor if the governor has been turned up and it doesn't have high speed gears in it. Check it closely
Apparently the guy's kid checked the oil and didn't put it back in. He had a rag covering the fill hole. It has the overspray from the rag blowing out. Oil I could check looked clean. No missing, smoke, knocks, etc. So I rolled the dice at that price. Not sure about the governor issue but I will research to determine where the proper placement is and set it back if necessary. He called it fast. I've never had a gasser but compared to my friends lifted '99 I wouldn't call this any faster.

On another note, I almost had a stroke when the dealer gave me the price for exhaust and dipstick. Does anyone know a good bone yard I might find these used? Or is there an alternative I can use for the exhaust? I'm building on a budget- as per "the boss".
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #12
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

I think the exhaust costs on these things are a major joke. I can put an entire stainless dually system on my p/u truck for what they want for some of these mufflers. OK for a 2 stroke I can see it a little, as they have much more stringent exhaust requirements due to their nature, but 4 strokers are more exhaust design forgiving. Now get that bad boy hopped up!
JohnnyG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:41 PM   #13
Ronman
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyG67 View Post
I think the exhaust costs on these things are a major joke. I can put an entire stainless dually system on my p/u truck for what they want for some of these mufflers.
Yeah, that's about what I paid for the whole 5" exhaust on my 6.7.

So I talked to a muffler guy I know that does a lot of hunting atv's. He says he has a muffler he's been using on those for years that is pretty quiet. And it's only $30.00 plus labor. Is there any reason I wouldn't want to do this? Back pressure issue, etc. Sorry guys, I'm learning here so don't be too harsh.
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO