lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
csracing
Not Yet Wild

Default G19E shock and electrical system questions

Hi,

I picked up a 2000 G19E a couple nights ago. It needs batteries but seems to be in very good shape otherwise. Couple cosmetic things that I'll take care of as time permits. I'm curious how compliant or squishy the suspension should be? I can grab the side of the cart and rock is back and forth quite a bit with very minimal effort. The cart will lean to the side a person is sitting on as well. Is this normal or do I need to look at new shocks? I've driven plenty of golf carts in my time, but this is the first one I've owned so perhaps I'm being hyper sensitive to things that don't matter.

Can I test any of the electrical system components while I work on acquiring batteries? I have a power supply that will do 48 volts, but I don't think I can get much more than 2 amps out of it. Is this sufficient to power the cart up and maybe get the motor to run unloaded?

Thanks!
csracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2016, 12:11 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G19E shock and electrical system questions

power up? maybe (just barely). move the motor? no way. 2 amps is just barely enough to fire the solenoid.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G19E shock and electrical system questions

Yes G16/19 and G22's had the softest ride of any golf car ever built, some say to soft. But, if you get into an early Yamaha G1/G2 and the early G29's or any Ezgo or Club Car, the stiffnes of the ride can be teeth chattering. Jakes HD coil kit in the back will help that problem, and a good fit with a rear facing seat or cargo box install.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha