lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #1
Drivetime
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 powering down

Just purchased a 2009 G29 so no history on it. Starts an takes off good but feels like it shuts down an then starts back it will not maintain a constant speed. Batteries charged an dated July 2015. Can't find any loose connections. Disconnected an reconnected tach sensor on the motor. Solenoid seems to work always clicks when turned on. Any suggestions?
Drivetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 powering down

hey,

make absolutely sure the batteries are ok, i know you said charged and they are a year old but double check. also, not out of the realm that the solenoid has an issue, but battery issue will cause solenoid to act up

-steve
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:06 PM   #3
Drivetime
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response I checked batteries with volt meter all reading 8.6 also replaced the magnet on the end of the motor thought the current one was cracked. Jacked the cart up an let run with half throttle no issues ran smooth once I fully depressed the gas pedal it began randomly cutting out. Backed off again to half throttle an smoothed out. Wondering next move hate to just keep replacing parts.
Drivetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #4
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivetime View Post
Thanks for the response I checked batteries with volt meter all reading 8.6 also replaced the magnet on the end of the motor thought the current one was cracked. Jacked the cart up an let run with half throttle no issues ran smooth once I fully depressed the gas pedal it began randomly cutting out. Backed off again to half throttle an smoothed out. Wondering next move hate to just keep replacing parts.

hmm so when you push the pedal halfway it runs just fine, but once you go full speed it starts cutting out. does it cut out and then go back to normal, or just cut out alltogether?? still kind of sounds like a battery problem but as you said you verified they are ok. You said you solenoid clicks and seems ok, but just because it clicks does not mean its ok, it sounds like it could be a solenoid or controller issue

also, you said you checked batteries with meter and they show over 8 volts. ideally you would want to load test them to be sure. jack up your car and hook meter up to pack voltage and run the car and see if the voltage drops significantly enough

steve
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha