lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #11
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Default Re: Dead G29 after swapping batteries

I'm not at the cart now. I'll be back there tomorrow. There are 4 wires per post. 1- main cable, 2-dash DVM, 3-voltage reducer, 4-charger receptacle.

Prior to removing the old pack I ziptied the 4 together. I'm wondering if I swapped the 4positive for the 4 negative ones.

Would the picture I posted show negative voltage if I had done that?

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You should have a thin wire from pack + to Solenoid + (small terminal) You should have a thin wire from pack minus to controller minus.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:49 PM   #13
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Well that would explain it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll find those wires and hook em up.

Stay tuned,

TJ
Old 10-17-2016, 04:51 PM   #14
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

No such luck on me simply missing some small wires.

Today I did find a problem. It may not be the only problem, but it definitely is a problem that would explain a dead cart.

There is no G29 wiring diagram in the stickies, but I got one from Alltrax. On that diagram there is a very short line that indicates there is a red wire between the large positive terminal on the solenoid and the run/tow switch. In reality there is a lot of stuff between the red wire on the solenoid and the red wire on the run/tow switch.

Using a razor blade I've been doing surgery on a lot of the corrugated wire conduit in order to trace the wire. I started from the solenoid. I found a 3 amp fuse that was blown. I replaced the fuse and still nothing. So I kept tracing the wire. Eventually I came to a snap connector that is up under the dash. It has a red wire and a black wire. The red wire was so badly corroded that the wire had broken out of the connector. I'm optimistic that once I replace that connector the cart will work again.

Wish me luck.

TJ
Old 10-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #15
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

...and Bingo was his name-o B.I.N.G.O., B.I.N.G.O., B.I.N.G.O., and Bingo was his name-o!

Wow that sucked.

TJ
Old 10-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Glad you got it working!
Old 10-17-2016, 06:55 PM   #17
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Glad you got it working!
I celebrated too soon. I proclaimed success when the laptop was able to see the pack voltage. (Which surprisingly was 1/2 V lower than the actual pack voltage per the dash mounted DVM.)

I then took the cart down off blocks and tried to drive it. It will move at about one nano-mile-per-hour and it makes a noise like clug-clug-clug-clug really rapidly.

Based on the corrosion I found on that plug earlier I'm sure there are corroded connections all over the place. (This cart lives within 100 yds of the ocean.) I've checked all the connections of the major cables, but as I learned today there are miles of small guage stuff throughout the YDRE. I don't have a clue where to start.

I've not really used the Alltrax software before. Can I use it to debug what's going on?

TJ
Old 10-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, I think the 3a fuse was to be replaced by a 10a fuse... I'm sure it was with prior alltrax controllers.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #19
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Also, I think the 3a fuse was to be replaced by a 10a fuse... I'm sure it was with prior alltrax controllers.
I didn't have a spare 3a. After rummaging in the pile-o-junk I came up with a 4a and a 10a. I used the 4a. Prior to swapping out the batteries the cart ran fine with the 3a fuse. I kinda doubt that is the problem, but I'll swap it for a 10a tomorrow.

Thanks CG.

TJ
Old 10-17-2016, 09:13 PM   #20
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When the solenoid is not engaged, the pack voltage reads low on the Alltrax Application so that is normal. You should have seen the key switch on in the App also.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha