lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
fredstev
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G14e throttle control bad

OK, so I finally got around to finish my troubleshooting on a G14e. The throttle control sensor (or switch that the pedal operates) is bad. My question is, do I use the stock replacement part or something different? The cart has a Alltrax AXE 4834 controller in it, 300 amp max. I see that some sources say to only use the original Yamaha throttle control with Yamaha controllers. The throttle control that is N/G has a part #2425rc on it, and 3 wires, blue white and green.

I'll be buying from scottyb, if possible. What do I need?
fredstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G14e throttle control bad

Your throttle is "0-1k", you could also use the Yamaha "0-5k" Yamaha throttle sensor (like found in g19-22) whichever is cheaper. A setting change in the aftermarket controller would be needed. Not totally which part you are talking about, the pedal "on-off" switch, or the pedal "range sensor", they are both located near the pedal.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
fredstev
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Your throttle is "0-1k", you could also use the Yamaha "0-5k" Yamaha throttle sensor (like found in g19-22) whichever is cheaper. A setting change in the aftermarket controller would be needed. Not totally which part you are talking about, the pedal "on-off" switch, or the pedal "range sensor", they are both located near the pedal.
Hi, cgtech, thanks for responding so quickly. I'm talking the "range sensor" that the pedal itself rotates to vary the speed. The alltrax controller does give the blink code for 0 - 1k Yamaha throttle. The controller gives a couple of green blinks, then a slow series of neverending red blinks. Checking the leads on the throttle range sensor according to the trouble shooter, shows constant 0 ohms resistance no matter what.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170409_151709 (Large).jpg (123.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
fredstev
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I know it's not fashionable to put the resolution to a problem here on the forum, but the issue was, in fact, the throttle sensor. Plowman's had the part, and sent it to me, installed it today, and the cart works great!

Thanks, all, for the help.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:09 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Glad you got it!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha