lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #1
mscountry
Not Yet Wild

Default Fairplay= No Play

Working on a Fairplay and need some help. Lady brought it in and said her late husband owned it and wanted to get it running. Batteries were shot, controller was shot, and motor was burned up. I do not know how long it had been sitting or how old the NAPA batteries were (they did not have a tag or date on them). Replaced the batts, nothing. Installed a Alltrax DCX300R19, 300A Controller for Shunt Motor (what I had on hand) and the controller would light up and the cart would try to move. Pulled the motor, had it checked and it was bad. Installed a replacement motor, still no go. I know the controller may be incorrect so I need some info on what is the correct one. The old controller was 600A and want to downsize in amps. Anyone know what else I am missing? I have checked the key switch, F&R switch, throttle sending unit. They all seem to be functioning as good. I really hate to tell an 80+ yr. old lady her husband left her a piece of junk. The serial # is LE8FKT1571005712
mscountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fairplay= No Play

Rebuild the original controller-rebuild the original motor.

Id start with that. Kinda weird that all this stuff is wrong with the cart. And after changing all those major compomets, it still doesn't run. No sense in even fixing it if all that stuff is bad.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #3
mscountry
Not Yet Wild

Golf Cart Guy,
Sent the motor to be rebuilt and the winder said it was useless. Was shorting out across the fields. The controller was corroded at the pins were the adapter plug connected. I hate to order a new controller if there are any more issues. I am beginning to think there is some issues with the harness but the lady is adamant about it running. I installed a EZ Go controller since there seems to be a relationship between the 2, just not sure if it will send the correct signal for it to run. Plug ins were all the same.
mscountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Find yourself a new motor rebuilder

I don't know what happens if you put that controller in, never tried it. Ive always rebuilt what comes out, seems the best way to go with the china carts.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay