lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
Guy55
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin pulses but won't go

All,

I have a 2010 Tomerblin which I love and it has been running great. Yesterday my wife and kids headed to the course and about 100 yards from the house it stopped going and would not resume. The cart will pulse a little like it's starting to move in forward and reverse but that is it. Batteries are within two years old and I keep them charged and topped off with water. Charger shows full charge and no issues. I've got the maintenance manual and plan to start troubleshooting this thing but was wondering if anyone has had this issue before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Guy
Guy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin pulses but won't go

My guess is you have one or more brushes stuck, a very common problem with Tomberlins. After it happens again remove the rubber plug on the black box/ controller cover and see if there is an yellow error code blinking, I will be 2 series of blinks. If it blinks once, then 3 times, and your cart is "pulsing" I can almost guarantee stuck brushes.
Having said all that, you could also have one battery falling on its face, which wouldn't show up on your dash indicator, you need to jack up the rear end and run the cart while checking each battery individually to see, checking the batteries without some kind of load on them won't do you any good.
pokesgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Sounds to me like you have a shorted battery. Checking them under a load will determine if you have one bad.

Stuck brushes which is common. will be an issue after the cart has sat. If it was running and petered out, battery would be the most likely culprit.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
Guy55
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. The code is 5, 5 flashes which according to the manual means the main contactor is open. Does someone have a diagram of where this is located?

Thanks,

Guy
Guy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy55 View Post
Thanks for the help. The code is 5, 5 flashes which according to the manual means the main contactor is open. Does someone have a diagram of where this is located?

Thanks,

Guy
Did you check the batteries under a load? It throws that code because battery power falls flat and the solenoid opens. Ive never seen a Tomberlin solenoid fail yet.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:37 AM   #6
JayLow123
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

I have the same issue, however mine does it intermittently. If I turn off the cart or power down the controller it will typically start again. My code was the speed sensor and I changed that. I fresh batteries too. In reading, I am beginning to think its the Throttle Pot or Potentiometer.
If anyone has any suggestion please let me know.
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin